Systems Analyst Senior
Arizona State University
GPIS Info Sec Arch & Design
Depends on experience
The Arizona State University Governance, Policy and Information Security (GPIS) Office is looking for a Systems Developer position to provide primary support for the migration and upgrade of the university Identity Management (IAM) System. The developer will be a dedicated to supporting architecture and planning for the GPIS when new projects arise, provide integration expertise and support, assist project teams with identity and access controls, and AWS IAM support.
The incumbent is responsible for the ongoing development, deployment, and support of the College’s evolving multi-vendor IAM system. The IAM System Developer identifies business needs, provides project management and hands-on implementation support for new IAM applications.
- Provide project teams with direction on what GPIS services to use and assist with projects requiring architectural support for IAM services.
- Provide support and integration for IAM services including: CAS, Shibboleth, in-house IAM system, plus enterprise systems that support PeopleSoft and Salesforce.
- Provide IAM technical architecture and management for authentication and authorization services and tools.
- Ensure proper lines of communication and governance during project migration with other teams.
- Ensure that the College’s needs for IAM are met in a comprehensive and consistent manner by analyzing business processes and integrating application requirements with the technical capabilities of the IAM-related products.
- Write code to integrate IAM components (e.g. drivers, connectors, scripts, programs); tests it for both functional and robustness, and moves it into production.
- Produce and update system documentation to record the IAM environment, including documentation of configuration settings, operating and recovery procedures and data structures.
- Provide project management for system implementations, which may include designing products, programming, providing team leadership, testing, implementing, reporting, reviewing finished products and tracking performance and data quality.
- Provide technical end-user support, including researching user complaints and issues, answering technical questions, and/or assisting with application revisions.
- Guide the formation of IAM policies that balance the need for seamless access with the requirement of enterprise security.
- Work with server and network administrators to ensure that end-to-end system integrity and security are maintained for all IAM systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field AND four (4) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Eight (8) years experience providing related information technology services, OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months of experience.
- Experience with role-based identity management using and enterprise Identity Manager
- Experience with SPML and SAML protocols for provisioning and federation support.
- Experience with IAM standards such as SCIM, SPML, or ICF (Identity Connector Framework).
- Experience with SOA architecture either RESTful or WSDL/SOAP with Java WS, Axis 2, or CXF.
- Experience with IAM solutions such as Tivoli Access Manager, Oracle OIM, Sailpoint, Savyint or similar product.
- Experience with Web access managers such as Oracle OAM, and directory services - Active Directory, LDAP.CAS operation in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Luminis portal integration
- Experience in programming languages, environments, and interfaces such as Java, Perl, Shell, SQL, XML
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting technological platforms and systems
- Experience in utilizing and managing databases
- Experience in communicating technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience in designing reports
- Experience in providing end-user support for complex problems
- Experience in managing projects
- Experience in developing and facilitating training sessions
- Experience in evaluating and designing new systems and applying them to new or existing business processes
- Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
- Use PC and use hand/fingers for repetitive motion (keyboarding/typing)
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Communicate both orally and in writing, and read/interpret written and oral instructions/directions
- May require lifting of items weighing up to 40 pounds
The University Technology Office embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf . A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply, please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs under Careers at ASU, click “External Staff” and enter ReqID#48977BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=3726981_5494