Livonia Public Schools is seeking a Systems Analyst in the Information Technology Department. DISTRICT OVERVIEW
Livonia Public Schools employs approximately 1,900 staff members, serving approximately 14,000 students pre K-post secondary. There are 15 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, 3 high schools, 1 career-technical center, 1 early childhood center, and 1 vocational and transition center in the School District. The annual budget for Livonia Public Schools is $156 million, with a state funding of $8,529 per pupil. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Systems Analyst will work closely with the Network Administrators and provide Level 3 support for the district's Help Desk Staff and Technicians. The Systems Analyst will work under the direction of the Network Manager and Network Administrators to manage the computer systems and district network. RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the day-to-day operations of the district's servers and maintaining a high service level.
- Work with the district, OEM, and third-party support personnel to perform problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Perform periodic computer software installation, configuration, and upgrades as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of district Software and Hardware.
- Supporting network copiers and printers.
- Assist in the development of workstation configuration standards and deployment.
- Assist the Network Manager in supporting and troubleshooting district-wide networks including switches, routers, and communications circuits.
- Provide level 3 support and technical direction to field support technicians.
- Remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in educational technology.
- Maintain positive public relations with building staff through prompt services, personal tact and courtesy, and assistance with problems when required.
- Executes other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
The following is a list of minimum qualifications for this position, any one of which may be waived by the Administration in exercising its prerogative to determine qualifications.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- A bachelor’s degree required or equivalent certification/experience as determined by the District.
- A minimum of two years of experience with network support.
- Networking skills including a basic understanding of Ethernet, how network components interrelate, and how to monitor, and diagnose servers.
- Understanding of information system security concepts and practices.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of computer hardware and operating system software including Windows 7, and Windows 10.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, SCCM, Intune, Microsoft profiles, policies, and login scripts.
- Ability to problem-solve, meet deadlines, determine priorities, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology, emerging trends, and changes in educational technology.
- High motivation, self-discipline, patience, and ability to work as a team member.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This is a full time, 12-month, non-union, salaried position with salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Normal working hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional work outside these hours is required. Fringe benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, and earned vacation and sick leave days. Dependable transportation is required for travel to school buildings. Mileage for business-related travel is reimbursed. Livonia Public Schools is a smoke-free workplace. This posting will close on Thursday, July 16, 2020 or until filled. APPLICATIONSAll applicants, including current LPS employees, must complete and submit an application through Applitrack which can be accessed through the Livonia Public Schools webpage. All applicants must also upload a cover letter, professional resume, copies of educational documents (transcripts/certificates), and three current letters of recommendation to their online application. The Livonia Public Schools School District prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, handicap, or disability in any of its educational programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries and grievances regarding discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or transgender status), national origin, age, height, weight, and marital status-Director of Human Resources, 15125 Farmington Road, Livonia, MI 48154 at (734) 744-2566. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries and grievances regarding discrimination based on handicap or disability-Director of Student Services, 15125 Farmington Road, Livonia, MI 48154 at (734) 744-2524.