The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our Information Technology team. The successful candidate will work in a technically diverse and dynamic environment with a team of system engineers and system administrators in all aspects of operating a large Microsoft network consisting of Windows servers and clients.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Overall management, maintenance, support, upgrade, and administration of an Enterprise Microsoft Windows environment.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy management.
- Microsoft Windows server and client operating system security patching and vulnerability management.
- Microsoft Windows server and client testing, imaging, implementation, management, and upgrade.
- Develop, test, update, and implement continuity of operation processes.
- Develop, document, and establish Standard Operating Procedures.
- Resolve escalated Help Desk issues.
- Cross-train other system administrators.
- Investigate, recommend, and implement new technologies.
BS degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years of relevant experience; or
MS degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience
BS degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of six years of relevant experience; or
MS degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years of relevant experience
Must have experience with the management, maintenance, support, upgrade, and administration of an Enterprise Microsoft Windows environment.
Job Preferred Skills
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Active Directory, domain migration tools, network services related to AD (e.g., Domain Name Service (DNS)), and securing networks with group policy.
- Prior experience with Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Experience in hardening systems through implementation of cyber security principles, policies, and requirements, specifically NIST or DISA security guidelines/benchmarks.
- Experience with scripting technologies such as VB Script or PowerShell.
- Experience managing or using IBM Endpoint Manager / BigFix.
- Experience in the administration, implementation, and maintenance of virtualization technologies; VMWare technologies preferred.
- Experience working across groups or physical locations in a collaborative environment.
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Masters of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Prior project management experience, demonstrated leadership, and the ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse teams.