We are hiring a Systems Analyst to work in Westlake, Texas at Fidelity Investments.
We provide products, solutions and services to banks, broker/dealers, registered investment advisors, family offices, and other financial intermediaries to meet their brokerage and banking needs. You will cultivate a close partnership with the architecture team to develop high quality API designs. You will assist with requirements and solution definition on complex projects in our Technology Platform group. You will be responsible for partnering with the project sponsors and technology teams to gather and detail systems requirements and solutions for new products and major improvements.
This position is intended for an individual contributor that supports the full project life cycle on assigned systems development projects. Under general direction, the individual determines and analyzes complex business requirements/user stories and builds corresponding system specifications for initiatives including new system development and revisions to existing system logic. In addition, you will provide key input for test and acceptance plans.
The technology platform is a coordinated collection of products that are delivered to these external clients primarily via web-based and mobile applications, application programming interfaces, transmission files, and collaborates with third-party applications. Some of these products and services are - and not limited to - trading, account servicing and maintenance, account opening and money movement, reporting, and data delivery and presentation.
- Leads and coordinates systems analysis, for complex technology projects, often across subsystems and companies.
- Works with clients, vendors, business partners and technology partners to identify, define, interpret, and clarify scope of problems/issues in terms of business and/or system requirements and processes.
- Facilitates requirement gathering and system design meetings; communicate complex business needs into clear actionable systems requirements/user stories; research and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Develops user stories and acceptance criteria for current and proposed business and systems processes.
- Evaluates design of existing systems to judge their functionality, efficiency, reliability, performance, usage, maintainability and cost of ownership.
- Recommends designs for new systems based on requirements.
- Collaborates with other analysts and project contributors to build comprehensive and cohesive solution approaches.
- Demonstrated expertise interviewing and extracting high quality business requirements from stakeholders, design system requirements applications using Agile scrum methodologies.
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of various applications interacting with each other in larger ecosystem.
- Demonstrated ability to write SQL queries against Oracle database to understand data requirements required for project related analysis.
- Excellent analytical, reporting and problem-solving skills. Including strong judgement, issues management and problem analysis techniques
- Demonstrated expertise in scrum events, such as daily standups, backlog grooming, estimations and planning activities.
- Candidates with prior developer background and experience with API design patterns are preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge in web services, API and cloud adoption will be a tremendous asset.
Three consecutive years on CareerBliss’ Top 50 Happiest Companies Employees Survey
A company that is committed to innovation and being an industry leader by investing in technology
More than 12,000 technology professionals utilizing an Agile methodology enterprise-wide
Access to top-tier technology platforms, OS, and frameworks
Non-traditional benefits like our Concierge Service, Computer Equipment Purchase Assistance Program and profit sharing eligibility
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward ambitious, hardworking individuals with a work environment that champions diversity, partnership and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees’ individual differences can contribute to the forward-thinking and strong future of our company.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of Systems Analysis experience, with an emphasis on web-based applications.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Brokerage or Financial Service experience required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have outstanding analytical and communication skills.
- Works effectively in a highly matrixed environment involving multiple partners and technical groups.
- Ability to problem solve in a demanding, complex, fast paced environment.
- Ambitious with strong desire to learn and become a contributor to a highly functioning technical team.
- Has broad application/ technology fundamentals and is an accomplished contributor in two or more areas.
- Can thoroughly assess impacts to stakeholders, systems & platforms.
- Has experience with both front-end and backend systems.
- Effectively communicate with the team and management both verbally and in writing.
- Has the ability to influence team and external groups and navigate organizationally in order to accomplish tasks
- Effectively can lead project related tasks and issues.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.