Purpose of the Position (Describe the primary function and general purpose of the job)
The Systems Architect - Data Storage is responsible for planning, designing, provisioning, configuring, and troubleshooting the enterprise backup and San solutions. It is essential for the Systems Architects to demonstrate good analytical and communication skills, develop project plans, and successfully work with a team to execute project plans to completion. Candidates should be able to adapt to rapidly changing environments and technology. The Systems Architect will also fulfill an engineer role when appropriate.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
Attends work on a regular and predictable basis
Other duties may be assigned
· Design manage, build, monitor and troubleshoot SAN and storage systems (Brocade, IBM, EMC).
· Design manage, build, monitor and troubleshoot data protection for servers including Standalone, VMWare, and clustered systems
· Weekly rotated 24/7 On-Call duty with other team members.
· Occasional travel required.
Include specific knowledge, skills and/or abilities
Knowledge in the following platforms:
· IBM DS8K
· Dell EMC Unity
· Dell EMC Networker
· Dell EMC Avamar
· Dell EMC Data Domain
· Replication technologies IBM Global Mirror, Dell EMC Recoverpoint, IBMi Power HA, VMWare replication/Site Recovery Manager
· Dell EMC Data Protection advisor
· IBM Spectrum control
· IBM Security Key Lifecycle Manager
Education and Experience
Include required and/or preferred certificates, licenses, registrations, and education
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in San/Backup technologies
· Bachelors (4 year) degree Preferred but not required)