ITsavvyis a single source end-to-end IT provider committed to innovative distribution and tailored IT solutions. ITsavvy built its reputation as a value-added reseller offering best-in-industry support and delivery speed. Its growing technology portfolio includesEngineered Solutions,Managed Services,Cloud SolutionsandUnified Communications. ITsavvy is headquartered in metro Chicago, with46 distribution and support centersacross the U.S.
We have some of the most experienced, creative and smart IT people on the planet, and were looking to add to our team. Were seeking mid-to senior-level systems engineers who are passionate about helping clients use technology to improve and expand their organizations. OurAdvanced Solutions Grouphas access to hardware and software in alab environmentto learn and stay on top of new technologies.
And we have fun, too. We love working with people who embrace their passions. Whether its coding apps orperfecting your golf swing,we support and celebrate your hobbies.
The ideal candidate has a passion for putting together innovative technology solutions, with a special talent for communicating these ingenious solutions to current and future clients. Were also looking for an individual that is up-to-date on the latest technologies, includingbackup,virtualization, andnetworking.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of enterprise backup solutions
- Identifying and resolving customer implementations and issues in a timely and thorough manner and ability to communicate to the stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain core Backup and DR tools.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to help streamline the support functions for each of our clients using our enterprise ticketing and monitoring tools.
- Develop and schedule reports to show the value we bring to our clients in the form of work done, device performance, health of equipment, etc.
- Performing onsite assessments to gather all information required to determine supportability and identifying any suggested adjustments.
- Identifying process improvements to help streamline and automate common implementation and support tasks.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or a related degree, or equivalent education and work experience is a plus
- 4+ years working with enterprise backup systems
- Strong abilities installing, configuring, and troubleshooting backup solutions
- Backup and recovery
- Knowledge of Scripting technologies is a plus
- Strong knowledge of storage, virtualization, and server technologies
- Strong working knowledge of the following solutions; EMC Avamar, Data Domain, and Veeam Backup
- Knowledge of EMC Networker is a plus
- Knowledge of CommVault, Axcient, Quantum, Barracuda, Symantec, and Vault Logix is a plus
- Knowledge of Cloud Backup technologies including; Microsoft and AWS
- NetBackup is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix is a plus
- Strong understanding of Networking technologies such as IP, iSCSI, and fiber channel
- Strong knowledge of WAN technologies is a plus
- Strong knowledge of RPO and RTO
- Advanced Solutions Group Team
- Client Executives
- ITsavvy Clients
- ITsavvy Project Management personnel
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.