Oregon Mutual Insurance Company, a regional carrier is the western states, offers a wonderful opportunity to perform, excel and grow in the insurance industry as an DevOps Engineer, Cloud Computing within the IT team! We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a successful track record in architecting, developing and supporting systems and infrastructure in a cloud computing environment including hybrid on-premises architectures. Telecommuting opportunity for the right candidate.
- A minimum of 5 + years relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the required abilities and skills.
- Experience with source control, automation, and orchestration tools such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure DevOps, AWS Developer Tools, Jenkins, Git, etc. in a cloud environment.
- Experience designing and building infrastructure and web application environments on AWS, including services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, etc.
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in DevOps, including continuous integration/delivery/deployment, automation, release and configuration management, and monitoring and alerting.
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills in a complex compute environments.
- Passion for learning, continuous improvement, teaching, and mentoring.
- Ability to create and utilize AWS Cloud Formation templates to automate creation of AWS images.
- Advanced Scripting skills with PowerShell or Python as applied to orchestration and automation of infrastructure.
- Advanced skills with security and security principles as applied to infrastructure and internet computing.
- A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment.
- Skill and ability to train others on technical and procedural topics.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- Strategic thinking: Improve ability to see the big picture and take a longer range, broader business perspective. Learn to step back from the day-to-day tactical details of the business and focus on the “why”, not just the “what and “how.”
- Communication: Demonstrate to others that you value what they have to say. Use active listening, open-ended questions, body language, and eliminate distractions that get in the way of your ability to listen. Communicate in an authentic way that inspires others.
- Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
- Coaching/Leadership: Learn to guide and help develop others in the department. Learn to implement and sustain change in the department, division and company.
- Cross-functional knowledge and perspective: Learn about other aspects of the business. Improve your understanding of the insurance industry. Get closer to our customers and understand what they need and value.
- Collaboration: Improve relationships with peers. Be a better partner, understand their goals and needs, and learn to work together to help achieve each other’s goals.
Oregon Mutual offers a pleasant working environment and a history of business spanning more than 100 years. In addition to benefits already offered, we also include a free onsite workout facility and free parking in our McMinnville location!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits