RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Systems Engineer in Fort Sam Houston, Texas (TX).
As a Senior System Administrator, you will be responsible for providing high-quality technical and configuration management support for the U.S. Army IMCOM G6 virtual hosting platforms on both the NIPRNET and Commercial network.
- Develop and maintain enterprise system configuration as it pertains to both virtual hosting platforms
- Work directly with System Owners to resolve issues related to both virtual hosting platforms
- Develop and maintain a Knowledge Base for troubleshooting and maintaining the virtual hosting platforms
- Enforce configuration management controls on both virtual hosting platforms
- Member of the IMCOM G6 Configuration Control Board (CCB)
- Provide regular reports to the government on related issues
- Provide training (as required) to government personnel
- Create/design deployment guides/tutorials for both virtual hosting platforms
- Research and resolve Server related issues, specific to both virtual hosting platforms, reported by end users
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or applicable work experience)
- Information Assurance Requirement: Per DoDD 8570.1, the contract employee must possess one of the following DoD-approved baseline certifications associated with IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, or SSCP) within 6 months of start date
- 10+ years of enterprise system administration
- Solid skills and experience in implementing and supporting Citrix Infrastructure technologies, Citrix XenApp and VDI
- Solid knowledge and experience with implementing and supporting Microsoft Windows Servers, Active Directory, LDAP, Group Policies, Permissions and applying Security Templates, Microsoft Clusters
- Knowledge and experience with supporting VMware ESXi 6.5 hosts and vCenter
- Citrix Infrastructure
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or greater
- Familiarity with Windows Imaging and OS Deployment Solutions
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to effectively work well with others
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.