Systems Engineer I
6 Month W2 Contract
Seattle, WA (100% on-site)
Interested Candidates can email resumes directly to Griff at email@example.com
The Client Engineering team builds complex multi-platform solutions that help Amazonians get more done. We are recruiting qualified Systems Engineers to operate our existing fleets, analyze and tune hardware/software configurations, automate existing manual processes, and identify improvements to our existing tools.
This exciting and high impact role will involve working with a wide range of other technical and business groups within Amazon.
- 5+ years of experience with performance analysis, systems software, and systems architecture - Strong experience with Windows Operating Systems
- Understanding of configuration management tools such as SCCM, Tanium, or Group Policy
- Proficiency in scripting/programming with PowerShell
- Ability to operate in high pressure environment and successfully handle multiple priorities - Excellent communication, prioritization and analytical skills
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED
Setup AWS infrastructure https://w.amazon.com/index.php/MAWS/Team%20Owned%20CORP-VPCs/Manual%20Process#Step_3_-_Create_VPC_and_Virtual_Gateway The following needs to be repeated for each region that will be used.
a. Select Region
b. Create Subnets
c. Create and Attach VGW
d. Create DHCP Options
e. Create Route Table
f. Associate Subnets to VPC Route Table, Propagate to VGW
g. Attach DHCP Options
h. Create AWS Endpoints for better connectivity to take pressure off Corp WAN links
i. Networking to create virtual interfaces
j. Accept virtual interfaces
k. Networking to turn up interfaces
l. Define AD Sites and Services subnets
m. Define SCCM site boundaries
n. Launch an EC2 instance in newly created VPC and test to make sure it can connect to corporate resources
5. File SIM to initiate VPC CORP join process.
Setup WorkSpaces Infrastructure.
1. Create AD service account used by AD Connectors (2 Accounts)
2. Create WorkSpace Directories
3. Create test workspace with standard image supplied by AWS in each directory and test connectivity
4. Create Security Groups and test
5. Create custom Image and attach to a bundle. Repeat for each region.
6. Enable MFA on each directory. Log a ticket GlobalOps to get AD Connector IP addresses for each directory whitelisted in Radius
Sophos UTM Setup https://w.amazon.com/index.php/Corporate_WorkSpaces/Sophos
1. Launch Sophos EC2 instances x2. (Sophos UTM must exist in the same VPC as the WorkSpaces that will be routed into Sophos but Sophos must be in a subnet that will never contain WorkSpaces)
2. Restore Rules from backup
3. Log ticket with InfoSec to take over ownership of Sophos and configure rules.
4. Route all production WorkSpaces Subnets through Sophos UTM
5. Create test WorkSpaces for InfoSec to test Sophos configuration
6. Route all InfoSec and ClientEng test instances through Test UTM
1. Create Cloud formation templates to setup infrastructure. (Dynamodb tables, Lambda functions, SNS feeds, S3 Buckets)
2. Create Documentation around how to deploy templates
3. Create Cloudwatch Dashboards to track metrics
4. Create Cloudwatch Alarms on tracked metrics
5. Modify Lambda Functions to be used within this env
5+ years of experience with performance analysis, systems software, and
5+ systems architecture
Strong experience with Windows Operating Systems
Understanding of configuration management such as SCCM, Chef, or Puppet
Proficiency in scripting/programming with PowerShell (preferred), Python, or Perl
Ability to operate in high pressure environment and successfully handle multiple priorities
Excellent communication, prioritization and analytical skills
Knowledge of system performance methodologies along with hands on monitoring
Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Minimum of a Bachelor's in Business, Computer Science, or a related field.
7+ years of experience with performance analysis, systems software, and systems architecture.
Proficiency in a programming language (such as C#, Java, or Objective-C)
Internet and operating system security fundamentals
Experience with other Operating Systems such as Ubuntu 12.04+ or OS X 10.9+
Experience administering or developing databases
Experience with Amazon Web Services
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178