STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The Systems Engineer troubleshoots and maintains network and system services. This includes network systems, switches, routers, server systems, and monitors underlying communications protocols.
- Participate in the selection, implementation, training, and maintenance of management information systems, according to SLFHC policies and procedures, and in conformity with the Information Management Plan
- Survey systems and business needs reach optimal performance or service deliveries
- Participate in the selection of software and hardware
- Interface with users, consultants, technical teams, and vendors for maximum guidance in determining the most appropriate type of hardware installation
- Design, specify, and document network and system configurations according to user needs, utilizing outside support resources as appropriate
- Participate in special projects to research, record, analyze, and present management information. May initiate such special projects from discussions with department heads
- Maintain and support LAN/WAN network infrastructure and stand-alone hardware, software, and computing peripherals
- Perform and manage backups and disaster recovery functions of network servers for information systems, per SLFHC policies and procedures
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of network and personal computers with outside vendors
- Prepare and maintain charts and diagrams to explain network operation and to train managers and others in proper use
- Develop and monitor appropriate security procedures to safeguard system from physical harm and viruses, unauthorized users, and damage to data
- Assure the confidentiality and integrity of SLFHC data by arranging and administering security measures to restrict unauthorized use of data systems and databases
- Manage off-site storage necessary for recovery purposes, and participates in development of recovery procedures.
- Consistently provide exceptional customer service
- Participate in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and keeping informed of any changes in methods, procedures, etc
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional communication to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Required to have mastered time-management and organizational skills to meet deadlines and schedules; including setting priorities; establishing effective relationships; being attentive to detail; and working non-standard hours at times
- Required to perform multiple technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions
- Perform system administration in a computing environment; including client/server administration, server, storage systems such as RAID and SAN, service design and support, tape and disk backup libraries, and utilization of diagnostic and application software
- Knowledge and skills in current generation operating systems, computer hardware and software virtualization, server protocols and administration, Inter/Intranet applications, and office software
- Functional knowledge of diagnosing and resolving computer related problems via telephone, email, helpdesk, and in person
- Planning and managing network projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent years of experience
- Microsoft Certification Systems Engineer, Cisco CCNA certification preferred
- A+ Certification and Network + Certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire)
- Six or more years of experience Administrating experience with Microsoft Server NT through server 2016. Microsoft Office/ O365, IIS, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, VMWare ESX, Cisco Routing and Switching technologies.
- Six or more years of experience with LAN technologies, including multiple Wide Area Networking, and edge security.
[x] High School Diploma or equivalent
[x] Bachelor of Science degree in computer science/ MIS, Microsoft Certification in Systems Engineer preferred, Cisco CCNA certification preferred or equivalent years of experience.
[x] Technical Certification: Microsoft Certified Network Engineer (CNE or ECNE) certification
[x] A+ Certification and Network + Certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire)
[x] 2 years experience [x] addition to cert/degree;
 in lieu of cert/degree
[x] Degree: Bachelor of Science in computer science, MIS or equivalent
[x] Bilingual (English-Spanish) Preferred
[x] Computer literate
[x] Filing procedures
[ ]Money handling
[x] Calculator, office machines, etc.
[x] Lifting 50 lbs.[x]Pulling[x]Hearing (communicate)
[x] Talking (communicate)[x]Sitting[x]Standing (mobility)
[x] Walking (mobility)[x]Vision:far [x]Vision:near
[x] Airborne particles[x]Muscular strain
[x] Electrical currentFumes
[ ]SharpsBody fluids
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to perform the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.