If interested, please contact Andie at email@example.com
Systems Engineer II
Virginia Beach, VA
Major Function/Purpose of the Position:
- Responsible for the Design, Development, Administration, Maintenance and support of the entire University’s Systems Infrastructure.
Essential Functions: Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time, due to reasonable accommodation or other reason.
- Maintain all of the University’s Infrastructure Servers, Disk Arrays/Storage, Backups, Email and Virtual Environments (VMWare and Citrix).
- Design, install, and maintain all interfaces that allow exchange of data between the above listed systems including Ethernet/fiber optic connections.
- Maintain and develop cloud based solutions (i.e. Office 365, G Suite, and AWS) including integration and scripting.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems, applications and network issues. Knowledge of DNS operations, network topologies, windows server topology, UNIX systems, VPNs, load balances and firewalls is vital.
- Ability to manage projects while balancing day-to-day network maintenance and operations.
- Participate in the design, installation, and maintenance of all data center equipment, power, and connectivity.
- Responsible for Patching/Security of all Windows/Unix and Appliance-based systems.
- Manage the Networking/Systems ticketing queue for all system troubles.
- Support Students and Faculty as needed on the above systems and applications.
- Be able to facilitate constant, open communication between the Information Technology disciplines as well as various departments across campus.
Qualifications: (List minimum qualifications required to do the job. Desired qualifications, if listed, should be identified as such.)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent and/or 6 years’ experience in related work may be substituted for degree requirements
- Certifications in any virtualization or cloud infrastructure preferred.
- Prerequisites for the Job:
- Extensive working knowledge of desktops, server operating systems, and disk array systems
- Ability to diagnose and repair hardware/software problems
- Understand and troubleshoot networks in a switched/routed environment
- Working knowledge of VMWare/Citrix
- Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent creative and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178