- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to computer science or information technology or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in endpoint engineering
- Scripting language knowledge, such as Python or Bash
- General knowledge of enterprise technologies
- 5 years of experience in endpoint administration
- Swift programming language knowledge
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management (MDM) frameworks and technologies
- Knowledge of application development and deployment frameworks, languages & platforms
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure, such as familiarity with AWS, Azure and/or Google cloud
The Systems Engineer is responsible for building and integrating endpoint infrastructure as well as ensuring the stability, security, integrity and efficient operation of the information systems that support core organizational functions.
- Troubleshoot advanced operating systems and tiered application issues
- Provide administration and support on Mac and Linux servers and cloud infrastructure
- Install, support and configure systems or applications
- Provide support for identity and access management corporate infrastructure
- Establish, implement, and analyze quality and health metrics of the system
- Automate manual processes to improve efficiency and increase stability
- Provide technical support for applicable teams
- Partner with the business and other technology teams to develop and support new technologies
- Understand and identify business processes and opportunities for technology value creation
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question – it’s part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.