Systems Engineering Support
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading requirements, development, systems trade studies/analyses, and conduct specification analysis and flow-down for multiple hardware/software items. They will plan and execute systems testing and verification. The responsibilities of this position will require the selected candidate to support, guide and be responsible for:
- Decomposing of CONOPS into technical artifacts, system-level DODAF views, and performance metrics
- Development of architectural artifacts and design for major design reviews and working-groups
- Provide regular communication of status and progress to leadership
- Ability to manage the performance of multiple tasks and prioritize each to completion.
- Willing to work off hours to support time sensitive requirements during surge periods.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD secret clearance with an adjudicated investigation in the past 6 years.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering processes and tools such as DOORS.
- Able to analyze operational and organizational concepts, requirements, models, architectures, workflows and associated tasks, and doctrine.
- Experience defining complex hardware/software interfaces.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to prepare and present briefings for customer/management as well as effectively communicate between engineering functional IPT organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered an emerging authority.
- Prior experience with system modeling and simulation frameworks are strongly desired
- Familiarity with DoD system development standards
If you are interested in the role, please contact Angela Woehler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178