The LRS Information Technology department is seeking an internal Systems Engineer to provide systems administration and support services for LRS. Responsibilities will include performing administrative tasks using Microsoft Active Directory, MBAM, Group Policy, Office 365, Intune, PowerShell, System Center Configuration Manager and Windows Server in addition to providing desktop and user support for all LRS employees.
The Information Technology department is under the LRS Administration department. As a Systems Engineer, you will be a member of the IT administration and support team responsible for desktop deployment, systems administration and employee desktop support. You will report directly to the Manager of Administration and Support who reports to the IT Manager.
You will work primarily with support technicians, administrators and other engineers on your team and the enterprise infrastructure team but you will also work with many technical employees from other LRS departments to ensure that IT is providing the systems, support and administrative services required to meet the diverse needs of each business division and our customers.
- Deploy and support desktop systems: Within the first month you must be able to use the LRS’s SCCM automated deployment processes to deploy and support Windows desktop systems and applications.
- Provide advanced support: Within the first six months, you must develop a detailed understanding of the LRS Microsoft global client infrastructure and be able to demonstrate your understanding by providing advanced system and user support.
- Create automated deployments: Within the first year, you must be able to Create/manage/update images for different hardware models supported in the company including task sequences, injecting drivers into the image and/or creating driver packages.
- Perform systems administration: Within the first year, you must be able to perform Active Directory, Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM), Windows Server, Office 365, Intune, PowerShell, System Center Configuration Manager and other product administration tasks.
You must meet the following requirements:
- Two years of information technology experience providing systems administration, desktop support and user support.
- Two years of experience administering Microsoft products including Active Directory, MBAM, Group Policy, Office 365, Intune, PowerShell, System Center products including Configuration Manager and/or other MS server products.
- You must have a detailed understanding of networking concepts and at least some experience with Cisco or comparable router, switch, firewall or wireless network products.
- Your resume must list specific areas of expertise along with a list of all job training received, advanced technical training completed, certifications awarded such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or degrees earned in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or technically related fields.
- You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. No visa sponsorships are available.
A successful candidate for this position will have some IT experience and a detailed understanding of what it takes to administer and support a Microsoft infrastructure for a mid-sized organization. They will have extensive knowledge and experience with many Microsoft products but preference will be given to those with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, MBAM, Group Policy, Office 365, Intune, PowerShell and System Center Configuration Manager. Preference will be given to those with the best combination of experience, education and training that not only shows their existing knowledge but more importantly indicates they have the ability to learn and master new technologies as needed.
The Information Technology department at Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. includes 18 employees based in the LRS Springfield office. LRS has over 650 employees throughout the world and fifteen remote office locations. IT provides support to all office locations including home offices, client sites or other remote locations.
For additional information about LRS, please visit jobs.lrs.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.