Title: Systems Engineer x4
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contract: 6 month contract to hire
Apex Systems is looking for a Systems Engineer in Tampa, Florida. If interested please contact Kelsey Laughlin at Klaughlinklaughlin@apexsystemsinc.com 813-281-8800.
**Must be eligible to obtain TS/SCI**
- The Systems Engineer performs tier three systems support in accordance with the SIE OPORD.
- In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s software and hardware, Systems Engineers need advanced analytical, troubleshooting and design skills.
- The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users also is essential.
- The Systems Engineer must be familiar with the systems engineering process and data as a fundamental building block for performance improvement.
- Participation in working groups, design reviews and system tests are required.
- Candidates will help generate assessments, as well as develop and implement actionable recommendations based on reviews.
- Candidates require extensive knowledge of the development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance.
- Because of the broad range of demands Systems Engineers must meet, candidates who have demonstrated strong project planning skills are preferred.
- If applicable, the contractor shall be responsible for ensuring system availability and reliability of the Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J) and related GCCS Family of Systems (FoS) on the networks.
Typical duties include:
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components
- Performing installation, maintenance, and support of system software and hardware.
- Performing user support Position Descriptions (PDs) for the Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Task Order (TO)
- Configuring, debugging, and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms
- Performing high-level root cause analysis in support of service interruption recovery, as well as creating and documenting preventive measures
- Working as a strong team contributor, and providing technical expertise.
- Staying abreast of emerging trends in information technology and helping shape the work for the Government.
- Working with the Government to understand their requirements and evaluate possible technical solutions.
- Establishes complex operational databases, software configuration control and system interfaces for computer systems related to customer Global Command and Control Systems. (GCCS Engineer)
- Maintains file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance. (GCCS Engineer)
Education Requirements: BA/BS or equivalent + 2-4 years of experience as System Engineer (GCCS Engineer position)
Certification Requirements: Current MCSE related to candidate’s work area OR equivalent relevant to the candidate’s work area OR equivalent vendor certification OR Red Hat Linux/Unix Cert (GCCS Engineer). DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II
- At least eight years of related experience
- Ability to focus on engineering from a performance perspective
- Expertise in a systems or application programming language (e.g., Java, C++)
- Knowledge of data structures and relational database systems (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostGres)
- Working knowledge of network and information exchange technologies (e.g., TCP/IP, RESTful, SOAP, HTTP)
- Familiarity with system engineering processes and techniques
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- GCCS Engineer position: Experience with GCCS applications to include Agile Client, COP, C2PC, DCAPES, and GWIS desired
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178