PeopleTec is currently seeking a Systems Engineer / Technical Lead to support our Huntsville, AL location.
PeopleTec, a 100% employee owned company, is currently seeking a Systems Engineering / Technical Lead that will be responsible for leading technical efforts to design, integrated, test, and produce mobile tactical command and control systems for the U.S. Military. The ideal candidate will be trustworthy, detail oriented, have strong communication skills, and possess a seasoned background in electronics and communication systems, with a significant amount of hands-on experience. The Systems Engineering / Technical Lead will lead the technical team throughout the complete lifecycle of the program, and be responsible for requirements definition and verification; design of hardware and software systems and components to satisfy the requirements; production and integration of the hardware and software systems; test, delivery, and post-delivery customer support of the systems. The candidate must be able to lead a team of engineers and subject matter experts, follow and assist in development of processes, and effectively interface with manufacturing, quality, and support personnel.
- 15+ years of technical experience, and 5+ years managing cross-functional priorities.
- Hardware design and hardware/software integration for DoD systems.
- Leading design, development, integration, and test efforts.
- Technical Data Package development experience.
- Expertise with military voice, data, and video communications systems/radios (e.g., RF, networked, Line-of-Sight, SATCOM) Performing/managing CONUS/OCONUS contractor logistics support (CLS) / field service engineering staff including help desk functions.
- Ability to lead effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel: 10%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Management or a combination thereof, and 15+ years of technical experience, and 5 years managing cross-functional priorities.
- Experience in Military / DoD command and control systems
- Top Secret Clearance preferred (Secret Required)
***This opportunity is contingent upon a contract award to PeopleTec***
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.