Apex Systems is seeking an System Engineer to provide application and operating system support. This individual must be a forward thinker who can proactively plan, multitask, troubleshoot, and possesses excellent organizational and communication skills. The position is in support of the Administrative Office of United States Courts – Administrative Office Technology Office (AOUSC-AOTO) in Washington DC.
The successful candidate must have prior experience supporting Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 and/or 2016 operating systems and applications in an enterprise environment. The candidate must have strong analytical skills for troubleshooting complex issues, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. The position is part of the Engineering and Operations team consisting of engineers, system administrators, and subject matter experts who report to Engineering Systems Manager. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide daily operational support for Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications
- Assist in identifying incidents, diagnosing, and resolving application problems.
- Collaborate with the Security team to identify and remediate application and operating system vulnerabilities
- Develop and maintain standards and procedures for applications across a complex computing infrastructure.
- Point of contact for application vendors and coordinate vendor support for any problems escalated from support areas.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation for multiple environments.
- Monitor application and operating system performance and analyze and document problems.
- Collaborate with system administrators, engineers, and client to ensure proper integration of applications.
- Participate in capacity planning, performance discussions, and assist in the development and execution of disaster recovery exercises.
- Review problems to understand root causes of issues and ensure proper fixes are implemented
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows server 2012 R2 and/or 2016 in an enterprise environment
- Experience remediating system vulnerabilities
- Software and hardware troubleshooting skills to resolve issues
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer support skills (In-person and on the phone).
- Strong communication skills
- Experience automating repeatable process using PowerShell
- Experience documenting processes and creating work instructions
- Experience working as a part of a large team and working directly with customers.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting MS SQL 2014 or higher in standalone and/or clustered configuration.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining current Windows server products including Microsoft IIS, Windows Clustering.
- Experiencing maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading a multi-site Active Directory infrastructure
- Experience creating and troubleshooting Group Policy
- Experience with monitoring tools is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting connectivity issues due to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and server/workstation operating system.
- Technical knowledge of and experience with installing, upgrading, configuring and deploying multi-tier applications
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system
- Master’s degree from an accredited higher education institution and 8+ years of progressive IT experience or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years supporting Windows/Linux servers
- ITIL Foundations Certification a plus
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178