Over the last decade W.B. has built an in-house, on-shore software development team to support its unique role in the market. W.B. Mason believes in tailoring our services to the needs of each customer. Developing software to handle that kind of variety and complexity is a great challenge. Managing the software for ourselves means we can focus on agility and continual delivery. A role on our team will give you experience in a wide variety of technologies as well as an opportunity to learn about every part of our business. From the web to the warehouse, our design & development teams have created the tools our company uses to compete with the largest distribution and eCommerce companies in the world.
Reporting to the Manager Systems Integration this individual will work as a member of the team that develops and supports all of the WB Mason customer and vendor systems data integration solutions. The need for automated and streamlined “order to invoice” and “procure to pay” processes continues to be a growing requirement for our customers and vendors. WB Mason has invested in new technologies and people to help us meet this demand and to play an important part in developing efficient and scalable solutions to support the growth of our company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build, test and support custom business processes and applications.
- Document, publish and communicate architectural system and environment designs within the Systems Integration group.
- Help Implement and follow standard SDLC for custom applications and development.
- Communicate with internal (and potentially external) customers to resolve and maintain integration processes not limited to standard data exchanges.
- Monitor and act on various exception based notifications and alerts produced by WB Mason’s integration applications suite.
- Develop, maintain and adjust a variety of reports and alerts as needed.
- Ability to recognize, troubleshoot, and recommend short term and root cause solutions for various interfaced systems’ inconsistencies and issues.
- Experience with the Microsoft SQL Server data stack and tool set
- Strong functional understanding of developing application processes with Powershell, C# Visual Studio and VB .Net
- Experience with analyzing data, table, file structures and data mapping
- Transact-SQL knowledge (building views, stored procedures, functions)
- Experience with working in server environments with strict permissions guidelines
- Understanding best practices for architecture and design of custom solutions
- Some Microsoft Server administration experience
- General data exchange concepts and experience with transforming and mapping data. (EDI standard X-12, XML, cXML, and non-standard flat-file type integrations)
- Microsoft SSIS experience required
- Microsoft Dynamics AX knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of various communication and transmission methods not limited to AS2, http, SFTP etc…
- Experience with Microsoft Excel objects and SharePoint
- Understanding of source control with some exposure to TFS or VSS
- A sense of urgency and good prioritization skills
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Aggressive follow-through and a sense of ownership
- End user experience and/or customer service experience. A “business analyst” mentality with the ability to communicate with users is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or may require extended days and/or weekend availability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, lift over shoulders, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands/fingers for data entry and filing. The employee must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.