Utility Supply and Construction is seeking a motivated, career-minded person to join our I.T. Operations Team. This is an exciting and challenging position. It will require a desire and passion for learning. You will need to be able to think on your feet, troubleshoot, face challenges, and be an active team member. You will be working in a fast paced and team-oriented environment to complete projects and meet deadlines. You will be working very closely with the Systems & Network Administrator to setup new locations, monitor & resolve network connectivity issues and manage/maintain our systems and networks.
In addition to the above, knowledge and experience in the following functional areas are desired:
- Microsoft Active Directory Services, Azure ADS, Domain Controllers, Exchange, Office 365, Barracuda
- Configuration, support & maintenance of network equipment (Cisco), routers, firewalls, and security.
- Install, configure, support & maintain hardware and software systems for the following: Hyper-V, VMware, Windows Servers, Remote Desktop Servers, & Windows 10 clients
- Install, configure, support & maintenance of network hardware (Routers, WAPs, Cradlepoints, Switches, etc)
- Network circuits (local & remote locations) upgrades, performance, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Assist with Disaster Recovery planning, implementation, replication, snapshots/backups, testing
- Perform preventative maintenance and support for servers and network equipment
- Maintain network and computer security for user profiles, user access, data access, network and hardware access
- Respond to IT help desk calls/requests, document progress, & provide proper support to resolve the calls/requests in a timely manner.
- Understanding of VOIP phone systems desired, but will train the right candidate
- Understanding of HPE Nimble (or similar storage system) desired, will train the right candidate
- Documenting and setting computer, printer, security and data integrity standards
- Technical documentation such as documenting network configuration/topology & settings as well as various instructional documents.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities based on work requirement guidelines.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending and participating in appropriate training
Skills / Attributes Required
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 2 years of experience or CompTIA Certifications (Security, A, Network) are a plus
- Strong troubleshooting and research skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Visio, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills and strong focus on delivery of objectives within timeline