FIS is seeking a Systems Programmer to join our Little Rock, AR Based Technology Services team. The ideal candidate is an experienced with the IBM iSeries Platform, with a strong IBM i configuration, installation, and support background. Along with a strong technical background, excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to form relationships quickly are integral to success in this position. The role is responsible for Infrastructure Installation, Disaster Recovery activities and consulting support for our community bank customers.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasks include: monitoring systems performance, disk utilization, PTF’s, OS/400 upgrades, HMC management, tape management, backups, security, disaster recovery, general troubleshooting and hands on hardware upgrades.
- Hardware configuration
- Provides technical support activities for a Disaster Recovery environments
- Installs, maintains and supports operating system and/or its components and subsystems
- Analyzes and resolves problems related to failures in operating system and ancillary software components
- Provides technical assistance to programming staff in analyzing application software abends, performance, and resource consumption
- Creates and maintains complete documentation as it relates to installation and status of software
- Provides Disaster Recovery consulting services for our Community Banking customers.
- 24x7 rotation support for operating systems and ancillary software
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
GENERAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Minimum of 5+ yrs IBM iSeries (AS/400) systems configuration, installation, and support
Extensive knowledge of LPAR, Hardware Management Console, application of PTFs, operating system upgrades,
Demonstrated experience in security planning and administration background
Knowledge of CL scripting to automate repetitive tasks across the various LPAR’s.
Working knowledge of MIMIX
Perform hardware setup, iSeries OS/400 upgrades and PTF installs.
Knowledge of Disaster Recovery best practices is a plus.
Systems and Operational background for HORIZON or Bankway core applications is a plus
Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
Requires knowledge of one or more operating systems used by FIS
Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
Ability to solve problems using learned techniques and tools
Basic understanding of installation methodologies and toolsets as well as networking concepts and protocols
Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Flexibility, versatility, dependability
10 - 20% travel based on project work load