HCA Healthcare ITG
Please click the link above to Watch our Identity Video to get a closer look at who we are and what we do!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs
The Systems Reliability Engineering team is responsible for maintaining the performance and availability of core applications for HCA. This group monitors key components of the system for failure or abnormalities. They conduct research into the cause and impact of these events, plan and implement remediation actions. Proactively, this group plans for system growth, anticipates future points of failure, and works with vendors and/or developers to keep systems current on maintenance and software patches.
The manager of this team will be responsible for assigning team duties, managing priorities and ensuring all of the teams’ responsibilities are met. The manager will lead the development and implementation of system monitoring and alerting for the established Key Performance Indicators KPI’s. They will also oversee post mortem on incidents, investigate root cause and develop strategies to prevent additional occurrences through permanent fixes.
The manager will interact regularly with vendors, HCA Architecture, Internal Design and Build teams as well as security to accomplish their goals.
Manage and set priorities for the operations of all technology systems includes the following:
- Responsible for application health and stability. Maintain applications performance as well as availability. Provide 24x365x7 incident response to all assigned applications.
- Establish baseline alerting & monitoring for all applications. Work with application owners to expand and build KPI’s as it relates to system uptime and performance.
- Responsible for Post Mortem/ Incident Reporting. No Fault review of all incidents to identify opportunities to prevent and improve the solution. Manage the solution and implementation of suggestions to prevent future impact to systems.
- Review incidents periodically to track and trend incidents to establish patterns and identify solutions.
- Collaborate with SM&O to implement alerting and monitoring solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Develop automation through accepted development methodologies to create long term fixes and or drive vendor to develop permanent solutions.
- Build and update run books / triage documentation for Service Availability group.
- Ensures that all components of the system are captured and maintained in HCA’s Configuration Management Database.
- Contribute expertise in Unix/Linux operating systems, IBM Technology such as WAS, Networking, Load Balancing technology, SAN
- Lead planning for capacity and performance needs, coordinate between Product Owners and Capacity Planning to account for growth needs.
- Assess and review and coordinate with High Availability group to ensure applications meet requirements.
- Manage change control for software deployments.
- Be responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/service roadmap.
- Lead assessment and decision related to technology choices, design/architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
- Be the subject matter expert in technologies and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise.
- Continually improve customer outcomes through quantitative service monitoring, alarming, and direct code improvements to our services.
- Promote a cross-team culture of operational excellence and customer service.
- Provide technical oversight and mentoring to other team members.
- Must be capable of speaking to and working with diverse teams across IT, business units, and clients
- Desire to not accept status quo of break fix.
- Critical thinking.
- Desire to automate responses to issues
- Desire to prevent issues from ever happening
- Ability to influence colleagues and peers to achieve goals and objectives of a stable reliable system
- Minimal Travel required.
On Call work will be required.
- 5+ years
- High School Graduate/Equivalent
- College Graduate Preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- No major physical demands in this role – primarily a sedentary role
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.