Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Noblis is helping FAA manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs that use state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation’s aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing and managing the communications and information solutions to achieve our nation’s aviation vision, this is the job for you!
This System Security Analyst position supports the FAA Enterprise Solutions & Engineering - (ESE) Office’s security engineering team focusing on enterprise-wide cybersecurity, systems security requirements, systems security architecture, and systems security solution implementation assessments for FAA National Airspace System (NAS) Programs connected through the FAA’s Federal Telecommunications Infrastructure (FTI) network. This position will:
- Serve on a team of System Security Analysts and engineers to ensure that systems are architected and executed in accordance with FAA security polices and orders and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidance’s and recommendations;
- Provide legacy systems security compliance assessments/recommendations on FAA’s FTI WAN connectivity authentication and authorization services in accordance with FAA Boundary Protection Policies;
- Assist in preparation of presentations and supporting materials to facilitate system security authorization and compliance meetings;
- Assess logical and physical network architecture to ensure FAA Programs networking internally and across domain communications ensure adequate security separation for the FAA Domains;
- Work in collaboration with the NAS Integration & Support Group's (NISG) Authorizing Official Designated Representative (AODR), Information System Security Officer (ISSO) and Assessment groups and CINP Information System Owners (SO) and participate in multidisciplinary teams to ensure systems satisfy stakeholder/business requirements;
- Perform security compliance functions associated with new system development / enhancement, network design, transition to operations, and ongoing monitoring of FAA systems that utilize the FAA’s enterprise communications infrastructure;
- Contribute to weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc progress reports and conduct meetings with ESE-CINP security leads on status and pending issues
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 9 years of relevant experience in cybersecurity, systems security, security authorization, system security architecture management, or related field;
- Excellent communication, cross-functional team collaboration, presentation and writing skills, and results-oriented problem-solving abilities;
- Strong professional, interpersonal, project management, communication, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of the Federal Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST Security Engineering Standards;
- Proficiency in systems security engineering techniques such as portfolio analysis, analysis of alternatives, and architecture modeling to support governance activities;
- Proficiency in various security-engineering disciplines associated with Application, Data, Security and Data Center and Cloud Computing Infrastructure;
- Relevant work experience in the areas of Information Systems Security employed by Federal Agencies
- Working knowledge and application of FAA systems architecture security policies and standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in IT governance, SDLC, FEAF and DoD Architecture Framework
- Proficiency with the Federal Enterprise Architecture Security and Privacy Profile (FEA-SPP) - highly preferred
- Consistent work experience in delivering system security engineering and security architecture services requiring direct knowledge of Agency security engineering and architecture engineering requirements, preferably related to FAA FTI systems implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise integrating customer security engineering requirements and needs into telecommunications services and support technical contract deliverables;
- Hands-on experience with FAA systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in the fields of telecommunications, system engineering, security architecture requirements, technology insertion, policy compliance, and/or operations;
- One or more of the following industry standard Information Security Certifications such as: CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional; CISM: Certified Information Security Manager; GCIH: GIAC Certified Incident Handler; OSCP: Offensive Security Certified Professional or related certifications.