Cosmic Advanced Engineered Solutions (Cosmic AES) is a small innovative company tackling the most difficult technical challenges in signals, space, and cyberspace. We design and develop high-end signal processing solutions for Department of Defense(DoD) in the Counter-Space, Special Operations, Homeland Security, and other specialized mission areas. Our strong team of scientists, engineers, and operations experts specialize in exploring emerging technologies, system development, and rapid prototyping to solve the most difficult national security concerns.
Cosmic AES is looking for a mid-level Technical Project Manager to support Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), Special Projects Directorate (SP). SMC/ SP equips the joint warfighter with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. The directorate executes cradle to grave responsibility for weapon system development, fielding, and sustainment. As such, this position supports the development, testing, and sustainment of a signal monitoringand processing systems and advance architecture in support of ground and on-orbit assets. Working knowledge of system design and agile development processes for hardware and software intensive prototype development projects is desired and currently used with the development and sustainment efforts. The candidate must demonstrate applicable Radio Frequency (RF) and/or communications engineering skill sets in testing during the product-development and life-cycle management of new SATCOM and satellite control space systems. This includes DoD life cycle program support, DoD systems engineering processes, documents, reviews, and test (development and/or operational).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Interact with Government sponsors to test new capabilities on existing architectures.
- Oversee/Manage/Participate in test execution and data collection, including overseas travel, as needed.
- Oversee and review engineering level documentation to enable testing and reporting.
- Review industry system developer test plans, test procedures, and test reports.
- If necessary, assist with AFI 99-103 Capabilities Based T&E compliance in support of USAF Development Test and Operational Test (DT/OT).
- Aid contractors and review/maintain an integrated master test schedule.
- Design/write test reports within required time standards, including preliminary and final reports, to support fielding decisions.
- Track and evaluate severity of Deficiency Report statuses.
- Support detailed test planning activities such as: identifying equipment needs and shipping, test resource requirements and de-confliction, etc.
- Assist in the execution of acquisition strategies, including drafting Statement of Work, Statement of Objectives, Request for Proposal preparations, monitoring deliverables, and attending acquisition related meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current/Active Top-Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Mechanical Engineering or Related discipline.
- Communications and coordination skills with technical team members across multiple organizations to plan, execute, and post-process test activities and data.
- Must be willing to travel 30% of time with 10% to possible overseas sites.
- Experience with government testing and system engineering.
- Experience implementing and managing test engineering processes and interacting with contractors.
- Experience on USAF Acquisition Programs focused on space system research, development, test, and evaluation, and sustainment.
- Experience with SATCOM systems and antenna technology.
- Desired DoD (DAU) Program Management Level III Certification in test engineering/OT&E.