- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience working on observability platforms and tools
- General server OS management, hardware knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g., SCOM, Splunk, Telegraf, Time Series databases and Grafana)
- Experience with AWS
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
The Systems Visibility Engineer is responsible for system observability platforms and processes. This team member works closely with the other system visibility engineers to plan, engineer, implement and support observability platforms and tools. They create and maintain documentation, ensuring a high degree of visibility and accuracy.
- Perform infrastructure maintenance within provided guidelines
- Support and configure on premises and cloud observability (metrics, logging, monitoring, tracing) solutions
- Build and deploy monitoring solutions
- Communicate and present solutions to stakeholders, end users and fellow Technology team members
- Create documentation for new and existing system visibility solutions and processes
- Collaborate with developers and the business to identify opportunities and craft solutions with engineers
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question – it’s part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.