As a leader in bulk liquid food grade tank carriers, Indian River Transport sets the tone for the rest of our industry. Every day we strive for excellence. Our team members are ambitious, intelligent, and motivated individuals who take pride in what they do.
We currently have an opportunity for a Tank Trailer Technician.
The Tank Trailer Technician furnishes quality service to major and minor in-house repairs to the fleet in a timely and efficient manner while complying with Indian River Transport policy and procedure.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform P-M and Federal Inspections
- Knowledge of and ability to repair air brake systems
- Knowledge of and ability to repair ABS systems
- Knowledge of and ability to repair lights
- Knowledge of hydraulics preferred not mandatory
- Experience welding stainless, aluminum and steel preferred not mandatory
- Experience pulling trailers in and out of shop bays
- Minimum 1-year experience in Tank Trailer maintenance and repair and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Air Brakes. (Preferred).
- Ability to read and interpret English written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have hand tools.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
The company complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) by employing only U.S. citizens and non-citizens who are authorized to work in the United States.
Indian River Transport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Indian River Transport complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.