Requisition ID: 232946
Store #: 004594 Target Optical
At Target Optical, we help people see and look great – and have a blast doing it! We make caring for people’s vision fun.
We offer flexible work schedules and a competitive compensation package including benefits, and because we are part of eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, there is plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Love fashion? We’ve got you covered. Want a flexible work environment? Done. Want to be the boss of your day? We love your thinking.
There’s always more to see at Target Optical – more style, more fun, and more opportunities to find a career that fits your already-full life. Put your career in focus with us!
The Apprentice Optician drives profitable sales growth, attracts and retains guests for life by delivering exceptional Guest service. This is accomplished through development of a positive and productive retail-selling environment that ensures premier Guest Service, Guest retention, as well as outstanding Optical Team/Doctor satisfaction.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling culture by practicing and role-playing effective retail sales skills.
- Develops professional business relationships with other Team Members.
- Verifies visual acuity.
- Analyzes and interprets prescriptions and lens design.
- Measures pupillary distances, bifocal, trifocal and progressive placement.
- Selects and measures frame for facial contour, eye size, bridge size and temple length.
- Fits and adjusts eyewear to the face and eyes.
- Dispenses contact lenses.
- Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames, utilizing optical prescription, within the guidelines established by the state.
- Ensures high quality/timely product manufacturing/fabrication.
- Dispenses quality product, within the guidelines established by the state.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Actively enrolled in a state approved Optician Apprentice program
- 2+ years in retail or customer service position
- Basic computer skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Ability to grow sales through sales skills
- Enthusiastic and concise communication
- Attention to detail
- Associates Degree
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.