Task Manager, Washington DC, US ID #19269
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES A CBP BI CLEARANCE***
CN3S provides personalized professional and support services to ensure our clients' success. Whether your program requires mission, IT, environmental or medical support, CN3S offers the best solutions to finish your job on time and within budget. CN3S has proven expertise in navigating the competitive and tribal 8(a) acquisition environments. This gives our clients more control over project scopes and budgets, streamlines the procurement process and alleviates acquisition delays.
For more company information, visit our site at
The Enterprise Services organization includes the Office of Facilities and Asset Management (OFAM). OFAM delivers real property, tactical infrastructure, energy and environmental fleet, uniforms, personal property inventory, and other asset and administrative management services and support for more than 61,000 CBP employees at over 4,500 operational and administrative CBP facilities nationwide. As the official entity within CBP performing these functions, OFAM helps foster the facilitation of legitimate trade and travel through the official U.S. Ports of Entry (POE); secures our Nation's borders between the POEs via land, air, and maritime patrols; houses and supports frontline and administrative personnel in the fulfillment of CBP's mission; and provides critical asset and administrative management consultation, support, and collaborative business solutions.
CN3S is seeking multiple Task Managers in support of multiple divisions within CBP. The ideal candidate would be able to manage all correspondence received by OFAM and the subsequent responses developed by OFAM, through the existing SharePoint correspondence and deliverable tracking tool, which includes, but is not limited to, providing tactical and administrative support to the Program Offices regarding the management of assigned tasks/deliverables (using Microsoft® SharePoint®). Tasks/deliverables can take many forms, which includes, but is not limited to, correspondence, data calls, reporting requirements and requests for information (RFI). Tasks are received from OFAM's internal and external business partners and stakeholders. Task management includes technical support, logistical support and facilitation capabilities for executive-level reports, briefings and/or meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following:
- OFAM Task Manager:
- Route tasking: Develop, prepare and maintain a routing system for documents going through the OFAM approval process.
- Develop a prioritization schema for tasks: Define and implement a prioritization schema for internal and external tasks.
- Coordinate OFAM tasks: Prioritize, organize, review, track and provide reminders of due dates for assigned tasks; support the management of tasks to include assignment notifications, preparation of work products, facilitation of subject matter expert and management reviews and maintenance of records of tasking on SharePoint; and actively support the achievement of Enterprise Services and OFAM timeliness targets for task submittal.
- Implement task approval delegation process: Refine and implement the matrix for task approval delegation, i.e., determine the highest approval level required for each type of task, with the goal to reduce unnecessary processing time.
- Manage OFAM correspondence requirements: Compose, review, edit, consolidate and track the delivery of correspondence materials.
- Edit and advise on deliverables created by OFAM leadership and staff: Provide guidance to OFAM staff regarding use of the DHS and CBP style guides.
- Manage task and deliverable consistency: Ensure configuration management control, consistency of information and document version changes; and promote high quality OFAM deliverables through a formal quality assurance process, issue and risk management, stakeholder reviews, and consistent communications and provide peer reviews.
- Maintain and monitor correspondence management infrastructure: Maintain a single, shared OFAM correspondence mailbox and correspondence archives and records and respond to incoming e-mails and calendar items.
- Deliverables Status Report: Develop a daily deliverables status report to be provided to the OFAM COS.
- Enterprise Services Tasking: Provide daily updates to CBP and/or Enterprise Services Tasking on the status of OFAM deliverables.
- MSF Task Management:
- Create and monitor MSF Deliverables using Microsoft® SharePoint®: Coordinate with FM&E and OFAM Executive Support in issuance of MSF deliverables to Program Offices.
- Manage MSF Executive Support mailbox: Maintain a single, shared MSF correspondence mailbox and correspondence archives and records and respond to incoming e-mails and calendar items.
- Support meeting logistics: Reserve and set up conference rooms, conference telephone numbers and live meeting links for MSF meetings and ensure that presentation materials are available for attendees in paper or projected format as needed.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters and other documents: Products include but are not limited to papers, spreadsheets, databases and presentations as required and compile data, papers and other written products for the MSF PMO.
- OR&S Task Management:
- Customer Service via CBP's Mobile Workforce Logistics (MWL) Help Desk: Ensure tickets/requests are closed in a timely manner.
- MWL Onboarding Services: Ensure new employees know how to operate in a mobile work environment, issue equipment, (laptops/phones/key fobs/keys) and provide Agile Quest access (reservations system).
- Briefings on Space, Safety, and Technology: Develop quarterly briefings for employees to ensure they are educated on space, safety and technology issues.
- Procurement Support: Execute semiannual laptop procurement actions (host initial process meetings with stakeholders and provide status updates as necessary), gather supply/equipment requirements from OFAM Division Offices while streamlining the process for purchase requests.
- Supply Management: Streamline the supplies/equipment intake process, creating a baseline to assist forecasting allocations and reconciling supply inventory while also providing recommendations to reduce costs.
- Asset Management: Maintain OFAM assets and respective documentation in accordance with CBP policy and OFAM guidance (issuance to disposal) as a Local Property Officer and wireless Account Coordinator (ordering, assigning and upgrading phones). Evaluate data usage and crosscheck account statements to ensure OFAM is properly charged.
- Perform duties of an Inventory Taker during the annual inventory and back brief the section chief and/or branch chief on action items, lessons learned and best practices. Have a basic understanding of SAP to generate reports and analyze status of assets.
- Quarterly Briefings: Brief respective PMOs on the status of their personal property to acquire/procure, maintain and excess/board of survey.
- Mail/Package Distribution: Electronically track packages via SharePoint and disseminate as necessary and conduct monthly reconciliation of deliveries to ensure the process is seamless.
- Task Management and Process Improvement:
- Inventorying cubicles, lockers and filing cabinets: Ensure there is availability for Onboarding Employees, Opt-Out Teleworkers and/or individuals who need reasonable accommodations and submit an inventory report.
- Budget Actions: Coordinate with the MWL Team on submitting budget related taskers and inquiries to include the MWL Spend Plan and equipment and supplies procurement.
- Strategic Onboarding Initiative: Assist in standardizing OFAM Onboarding operations with the Regional Office Management (ROM) Branch; making personal identify identification (PIV) appointments, submitting user authorization request (UAR), Form 8 and NP facility tour, etc.
- Policy, Standard Operating Procedures and Guidance: Provide assistance identifying MWL defined and undefined processes and document those processes in an effort to create policy, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidance.
- Task Management Process Improvement: Continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the task management process.
- Refine tasking system structure: Implement and refine structural improvements to the OFAM
- Task Management system, whereby the individual Divisions can easily track and manage their tasks and monitor their performance statistics, including the timeliness and accuracy of deliverables.
- Measure the task management process: Establish and implement performance metrics to enable more comprehensive capturing of statistics for timeliness and quality within OFAM. Leverage performance metrics to target and address problem areas where performance falls short of goals and identify best practices associated with consistently high quality performance. The contractor shall submit a weekly Task Management Performance Metrics Progress Reports.
- Recommend changes to Enterprise Services and other higher-level organizations: Process requests and recommendations for adjustments where warranted, that shall be compiled and submitted in the quarterly report.
- Maintain tasking process documentation: Regularly refresh the Executive Support operations manuals, processes, procedures and templates to capture changes; and assist with preparing, maintaining and updating procedures, quick reference guides and templates to support the task management process. The contractor shall make these updates quarterly.
- Improve processes at the individual task level: Improve quality and timeliness and reduce the need for rework; adjustments, including utilizing clearer and more precise deliverable descriptions; and participating in regular correspondence and task management meetings with Enterprise Services and/or CBP tasking organizations to ensure that OFAM deliverables continue to fulfill external quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, or related field.
- At least three (3) years of experience assisting Federal agencies with task management.
- Experience with Federal programs relevant to the requirements outlined above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiar with the CBP mission and business environment and possess the requisite skills to meet all the requirements of the assigned tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally (in common English narration) and in writing (to include technical documentation).
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure and tight deadlines, work independently and work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2000 or later with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, SharePoint and other applicable database and office automation products, to include Adobe Pro.
- Active adjudicated CBP Background Investigation; or ability to obtain and maintain.
- Duties primarily performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal - a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses - is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation's mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster ; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision ; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2020 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.