Led by our CEO who was voted one of the country's 50 best CEO's in the United States by Glassdoor, 1800Accountant is the country's largest virtual accounting firm serving over 40,000 clients.
1-800Accountant is changing the way business owners think about accessing accounting services. Our team based model allows our members to utilize unlimited advisory services with well seasoned Enrolled Agents and CPA's across the country. From entity selection to individual and business returns our clients are guided by top professionals and receive hands on service.
Located in Midtown Manhattan, our staff is a diverse team of seasoned and growing career accountants.
The successful candidate will be required to prepare small business client tax returns and provide bookkeeping services to 1-800Accountant clients. The Tax Preparer will work closely with senior-level accountants to ensure all the client’s tax and bookkeeping needs are met. You will assist senior-level accountants in managing a portfolio of clients. This will include interacting with clients over the telephone, providing tax consultation and resolving client concerns. Performance is measured on both productivity (quality and timeliness of completing returns, etc.), and on client relationship management.
- Preparation of individual (1040) and business tax returns (1120, 1120s,1165) and associated schedules
- Meet or exceed all productivity deadlines, goals, and established client or management expectations
- Preparation of client’s financial statements using various bookkeeping software
- Help clients minimize their tax liabilities
- Assists clients during audits and other related inquiries
- Facilitate client meetings via telephone as directed by manager
- Keeps up to date on tax laws and current developments in the tax area
- All other responsibilities or duties assigned by management
Skills and Experience:
- BS Accounting or other relevant degree or combination of education and experience
- Enrolled Agent Licence and/or CPA Certification
- Prepare individual (1040) and business tax returns (1120,1120’s,1065) and associated schedules and financial statements
- Participation in preparing personal and business tax returns for a minimum of 2 tax seasons
- Proficiency in related technologies; spreadsheets, tax prep and bookkeeping software (Lacerte is a plus)
- Analytical: Collect and research data, synthesize complex and diverse information
- Organization: Design workflows and procedures to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Working knowledge of general business practices and ability to demonstrate business and financial acumen
- Ability to coach, train and assist in mentoring less experienced staff
- Experience advising business entities, tax preparation, payroll and bookkeeping
- Ability to manage a high volume of clients across verticals with poise