Tax Accountant, Senior
Arizona State University
Financial Services Tax Compliance
Performs professional accounting activities for the Arizona State University Tax Department. As part of the duties there will be varied and complex tax calculations related to various tax and accounting functions. Requires ability to be detail-orientated, flexible and provide a high caliber of service to various departments, employees and others related to the University. Exercises broad discretion and creativity as to work details on assignments of a varied, diverse and difficult nature.
$52,500 per year
- Review financial system records for accuracy
- Review requisitions and invoices for appropriate tax treatment
- Reconcile tax computations including fringe benefits and tax returns
- Responsible for 1099 reporting
- Worker classification approval and review
- Be a liaison to departments and advise on processes and methods to comply with the rules while still achieving their goals
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field AND two (2) years of professional accounting experience; OR, six (6) years professional accounting experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in adapting to a quickly changing environment
- Experience in providing a high caliber of customer service
- Experience in being detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Evidence of having good organizational abilities
- Experience in approaching issues from different angles and propose solutions
- Experience in working on processes and find efficiencies
- Evidence of a Bachelor's degree in Accountancy
- Experience in being a team player
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
In support of the missions of Business & Finance and Arizona State University, Financial Services serves the university community in a professional, accessible, customer-focused, efficient and innovative manner by processing financial transactions and providing accounting, financial management reporting, financial system training and treasury management services in a timely fashion. Financial Services' mission is to provide a high level of service to the ASU community, along with the necessary financial protection via cost-effective internal controls.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf . A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU Financial Services will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 49458BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobid=3738075#jobDetails=3738075_5494