Freed Maxick CPAs has opportunities for Tax Leadership, specifically with ASC 740 experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a firm that offers continuous training, advancement opportunities, flexible scheduling, a supportive environment, low turnover, and career/life balance.
The ideal candidate for this position would be a tax senior or manager with 4 to 10 years experience combined public accounting and/or corporate tax department experience including federal and state tax compliance, ASC 740 (FAS 109) tax reporting, SOX internal controls, working with companies that have foreign subsidiaries, and strong managerial and communication skills. The ability to research tax issues and thoroughly document tax analysis and conclusions in writing is also required.
· Assisting with non-U.S. reporting for ASC 740, Accounting for Income Taxes.
· Technical review of US International tax companies, including the foreign tax credit, forms 5471, and other international compliance returns.
· Prepare FIN 48 memos and related analysis.
· Develop and maintain knowledge of federal and international tax laws and current developments.
· Flexibility to work outside of scope and role due to dynamic environment.
· Preparation and recording of monthly, quarterly and annual income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740 including analysis of ETR, deferred taxes and current liability
· Maintaining analysis of tax accounts and preparing monthly reconciliations
· Collaborating with other business partners, as needed, to effectively understand accounts which are tax sensitive and determine related tax treatment
· Providing support for the US consolidated return, state and local income and franchise tax returns
· Providing income tax support for various states under audit
· Assisting Fixed Asset Group in the maintenance and review of tax depreciation ledgers and reviewing reconciliation of net book versus net tax value reports
· Assisting in the evaluation and implementation of tax planning opportunities
· Preparing documentation of testing of internal controls under Sarbanes-Oxley 404, and updating tax processes and controls, as needed.
This role offers the opportunity to work with highly complex tax and SEC challenges, encountering unique and challenging issues you wouldn’t see over many years at other organizations. Majority of your time will be invested in managing the quarterly and annual tax provisions for various SEC filings. Our collaborative and dynamic tax department is ideal for motivated, high-potential professionals.
The ideal candidate:
· Has 4 to 10 years of experience with accounting for income taxes under ASC 740 for SEC registrants, either as an employee of a public corporation or through public accounting client service.
· Possesses a strong understanding of federal income tax for corporations and partnerships, including the ability to identify issues and calculate Book/Tax differences.
· Has excellent research skills (using CCH, BNA, etc.) and an understanding of federal and state tax authorities.
· Has experience with quarterly and annual provisions (current and deferred - ASC 740/FAS 109, FIN 48)
· Is able to determine state apportionment factors
· Knows FIN 48 and FAS 5 accruals and reconciliation of tax accounts
· Has knowledge of SOX compliance (Tax Internal Controls)
· Reviews fixed asset reports
· Assists in the development and implementation of tax planning initiatives.
· Identification and reporting of unrecognized tax benefits associated with uncertain tax positions
· Manage preparation of tax provisions and serve as a technical resource for ASC 740 issues for audit teams relative to accounting for income taxes
· Participate in networking activities and work closely with partners on targeting and proposal activities
Banking / financial services experience a plus!
· Experience completing state/municipal income and excise tax returns
· ASC 740/FAS 109 and FIN 48 experience
· Good presentation, client-facing and communication skills
· A strong background in maintaining, and building client relationships
Join our team and experience:
· An attractive compensation and benefit package
· A friendly work environment with the largest firm in WNY based on number of CPAs, a Top 100 Firm in the U.S., and a Top 50 Vault-Ranked Firm
· Flexible scheduling
· Minimal travel requirements
· Continuous learning
· Advancement opportunities
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free Food and Coffee
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Performance bonus
- Flexible Schedules
- Military Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Paid sick days
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Events
- Work From Home
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off