Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Tax Advisor - Tax Provision within our Tax Department based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Interact regularly with Company accounting and financial reporting personnel in order to obtain a working knowledge of oil and gas transactions, from both accounting and operating perspectives.
- Analyze data to calculate tax impacts from both a tax provision and tax compliance perspective.
- Participate in the preparation of the U.S. Federal income tax return.
- Prepare estimates of taxable income to support Company’s estimated federal tax payments.
- Participate in the preparation of the quarterly tax provision.
- Maintain tax basis balance sheets for assigned entities.
- Perform tax research as needed.
- Prepare earnings and profits and investment basis calculations.
- Assist with gathering data needed to address IRS and external auditor inquiries.
- Identify ways to improve and streamline processes.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting preferred)
- CPA candidate
- Minimum 3 years income tax related and/or public accounting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of U.S. tax laws
- Strong knowledge of financial statement mechanics
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to cross train within the tax department
- Flexible to overtime
- Strong computer skills (Oracle, SAP, CorpTax, Excel, Word, Power Pivot)
- Master of Taxation or equivalent degree
- Prior energy income tax experience
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status