- Assists with the computes and documenting (via work papers) income tax provision calculations for internal and external management reporting. The documentation includes the completion of Sarbanes Oxley controls and Fin 48 positions.
- Assists in the preparation of work papers, schedules, tax returns, or other items related to tax returns or to tax payments necessary to comply with tax laws.
- Assists in researching& concluding on various complex tax issues to determine the appropriate tax treatment and related tax reporting. Research includes assisting in preparing written memorandums.
- Implements process improvements that promote risk management, streamline activities, and enhance transparency in tax work streams.
- Assists in less complex controversy matters with governmental agencies including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service, Illinois Department of Revenue, and Pennsylvania Department of Revenue. Activities include gathering data requests and formulating position statements with respect to identified controversies raised by tax authorities
- Assists with investigations and helps gathers data to assist in responding to inquires regarding tax matters made by organizations within Exelon. For example, interaction with the Exelon Treasury Department is common to forecast cash flows related to income taxes.
- Undergraduate Accounting or other financial discipline
- Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification and/or advanced degree (JD or MST) preferred
- 2 year or more years of tax experience
- 40 hours of ongoing annual continuing professional education will be required of all professionals in the Department (at the Company’s expense)
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor