You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
Reporting to the Manager of International Tax, as the Tax Analyst IV, you will assume responsibility for ASC 740 reporting and U.S tax compliance for a portion of our international operations, as well as assisting with M&A, structuring and planning projects as needed. You will work closely with various members from within and outside the tax department, and may assist with cross functional ad hoc projects as needed.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and energetic individual with experience with the taxation of US based multinational corporations.
Your job duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assume primary responsibility for the review and processing of the international tax provision for approximately one half of our international based operations.
- Assume primary responsibility for the US tax compliance of approximately one half of our international based operations.
- In conjunction with the international tax manager, other members of the international tax group and outside specialists; participate in the projects to review and develop tax strategies for acquiring, structuring and selling non-US based operations.
- Provide support for or lead various tax projects as needed.
- Build collaborative relationships across the organization.
This position is in a perfect location at our corporate headquarters in Hartsville, SC and close to exciting destinations (Myrtle Beach, SC; Charleston, SC; Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC).
- At least 6 years of directly related international corporate tax experience in public accounting and/or a multinational company.
- Excellent general accounting knowledge and familiar with accounting principles such as ASC740.
- Firm grasp of the US federal tax laws and regulations, especially subpart F.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical thinking, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or taxation; CPA required’ Master’s is preferred.
This is a progression experience and level will be based on candidate experience and business needs.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonoco_careers!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.