Location Name: Findlay, OH
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 539 S Main St, Findlay, OH, United States (US), 45840
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The Tax Analyst works with internal business partners to understand the business and transactional data flows to determine taxability of transactions. This position is responsible for filing state and local tax returns for assigned tax jurisdictions and providing support during audits by taxing authorities. Solid critical thinking skills are requisite to ensure we pay taxes due with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency. The work is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires multi-tasking with a continuous improvement mindset. An ability to accept and initiate change is essential. Internal and external technical training is provided.
- Register entities in new tax jurisdictions for motor fuel or related licenses. Maintain current licensing status for customers and suppliers and tax exemption.
- Keep abreast of motor fuel tax law changes and perform tax research and interpret/document application to the company business in assigned tax jurisdictions.
- Identify changes needed in motor fuel tax determination and initiate systems updates.
- Prepare and file monthly, quarterly, and annual motor fuel tax and gross receipts tax returns for assigned tax jurisdictions.
- Make accurate and timely tax return payments (via check, ACH or wire) to tax jurisdictions through SAP in coordination with the preparation and filing of the jurisdictional tax returns.
- Work closely with inventory accounting, sales accounting, marketing and renewable fuels accounting to address questions and resolve issues regarding the reporting of any potential tax liability.
- Book journal entries as needed and reconcile tax liability general ledger accounts monthly.
- For jurisdictional audits, compile the requested information and respond to auditor requests timely, make recommendations on the statistical audit plan, review and challenge the audit results appropriately, and recommend audit settlement with tax management. Assist with compiling documentation to support audit protests.
- Network with internal business partners and review changes in their business operations for potential tax impact.
- Identify and assist the implementation of process improvement ideas in the tax collection, filing and remittance procedures; Assist Tax management with special projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree is required
- Major Discipline: Accounting or Light Product Supply and Logistics with Accounting minor preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years tax, refining, marketing, supply or accounting experience
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.