Job Description:Tax department is looking for a bright, enthusiastic professional who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Tax Analyst will be involved in all aspects of federal and state excise tax compliance, including preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns, accounting for all related tax liabilities and maintenance of related tax records. The Tax Analyst will work hand-in hand with members of the accounting and tax departments and will report to the Indirect Tax Manager. This position requires an individual who is detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
• Preparation of federal and state motor fuel excise tax returns and associated support
• Prepare journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations and supporting documents; reconcile differences and concisely articulate drivers for significant variations
• Interact with customers, suppliers and internal business associates to address and respond to excise tax inquiries
• Assist with analysis and research of federal and state excise tax matters
• Assist with federal and state audits by gathering and preparing all necessary documentation and correspondence
• Support & prepare fuel tax related internal control (SOX) compliance
• Assist with the exemption certificate management process and maintenance of required business licenses
• Keep current on relevant statutory/regulatory and/or technology changes to identify and implement necessary changes and best practices, including opportunities for process improvements
• Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, customer confidentially and personal conduct
• Additional projects and duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Taxation, or related field preferred
• Knowledge of GAAP, Taxation compliance, codes and regulations
• 2+ years’ experience in multi-state sales and use tax, excise tax, and/or motor fuel tax matters preferred
• Experience performing tax research using tax services such as CCH, RIA, BNA, etc.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer and technical skills including Microsoft Office Applications; Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred
• Ability to provide team support to ensure that all deadlines are met, working overtime when necessary
• Experience with Avalara Returns Excise, Right Angle and/or Oracle is a plusWe are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.