Hiring Several Tax Analysts Paying $43/hr. 6-18 month contracts in San Diego. If interested, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Intuit as a Tax Analyst for Turbo Tax Development. Tax Analysts are Individual tax law domain experts who are Intuit’s “go-to” specialist for helping developing accurate and high-quality tax content. They apply deep understanding of income tax compliance in service to the development of tax preparation software for customers across North America.
Day to Day:
Tax Analysts develop requirements based on tax research, create tax scenarios and they validate that the tax software is in compliance with tax regulations. They may use specialized tools, templates and frameworks to:
- Interpret tax laws into logical requirements that are used to create our tax offerings.
- Develop business rules to ensure compliance with requirements
- Analyze tax data to determine customer usage and impact, assess risks to tax scope and help develop risk mitigation strategies
- Interact with customers and government agencies as Intuit forges strong relationships and partnerships
- Regularly envisions, initiates and/or leads process and product improvements based on customer insights
- Develop test cases based on tax scenarios and execute the scenarios to validate and verify accuracy and completeness of the software.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field. Advanced Accounting/Taxation degrees, MIS, and/or MBA highly desirable
- 2+ years income tax preparation or analysis experience
- Enrolled Agent and/or CPA certification preferable but not required.
- Previous in-depth utilization of tax preparation software programs
- Strong understanding of federal and state taxation for individuals in multiple tax categories ie: simple1040EZ, California 540, etc.
- Strong business analysis skills to communicate tax concepts to non-tax professionals
- Positive “change agent” mindsets: leadership, optimism, innovation, continuous improvement of work processes
Our Values/Soft Skills:
- Win Together – Deliver exceptional results so others can count on you. Develop yourself and others to do the best work of our lives. Be boundary-less in our thinking and actions. This position requires someone comfortable in a collaborative environment, working hand in hand with fellow tax professionals and engineers/developers working on the software.
- Learn Fast – Lead with hypothesis. Measure and act on what matters most. Savor the surprises. Intuit is a fast paced company and priorities can shift at a rapid pace. This position will require someone to be flexible in directing their attention to what matters most that day.
- Integrity without Compromise – We speak the truth and assume best intent. We value trust above all else. We hold ourselves and others accountable to the highest standards in all we say and do.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178