Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000+ employees.
- Reviewing data input, identifying and resolving technical tax issues, and assisting in the review of tax preparation completed by our firm in India
- Responding to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities
- Identifying, researching, and assessing various tax issues while also providing information to senior staff members
- Providing on-the-job training to junior staff members
- Identifying and carrying out other projects as assigned
- Collaboratively working with client team members while building rapport and strong client relationships
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Juris Doctorate, or Tax LLM
- Major and overall minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Completion of necessary education hours to be eligible for CPA licensure or licensed attorney status
- The willingness and ability to work additional hours, as needed, and travel to various client sites
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and skillset
- Demonstrated project management skillset including project planning and time management
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
Grant Thornton LLP provides both local and national training programs related to an individual’s job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.