At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact.
Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
MGO is growing and we need an experienced, motivated and dedicated generalist Tax Director/Partner with a strong background Corporate type returns and years’ experience in public accounting and to join the team. A career in our public Tax sector will provide you with the opportunities to develop advanced technical tax research, prep and review skills in a variety of industries.
This Tax Director role will be partnering along side staff and firm leaders to direct all operational functions of their assigned department teams. As the Director you will execute business line specific strategies for business development initiatives; must be able to sell and find new business. Also responsible for directly overseeing and managing multiple engagements simultaneously, the Director will be on the front lines assisting with developing staff and identifying new business development opportunities along the way. A Director has similar responsibilities as a Partner, but without ownership. This job class requires knowledge of advanced accounting principles and industry expertise and the ability to lead a variety of business and operational functions, maintain positive client and employee relations and produce high-quality results for the firm.
Some additional responsibilities and requirements for the Tax Director:
This role will require travel, some overnight.
- Efficiently review engagement work papers and returns for corporate client base
- Exhibit superior technical competence, managerial abilities, and the ability to attract and develop new clients.
- Provide firm leadership through example.
- Be responsible, oversee and supervise multiple engagements in progress simultaneously in addition to other duties including some assigned staff administrative duties.
- Identify new business development opportunities and assist in growing existing client services via BD initiatives set forth by yourself.
- Develop employees in both technical and management areas in addition, provide effective feedback to partners and senior management/supervisory.
- Demonstrate an expertise in responding to tax authority notices and client representation, researching complex tax matters to clearly communicate findings and act as main point of contact for clients.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Licensed CPA required or J.D., LL.M, or EA required
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in public accounting, five of which should be in a management position.
- Industry experience in corporate or overall general tax
- Demonstrated success in leading and motivating subordinates and ability to plan and organize projects, especially long-term.
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow and reassign as necessary.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
Why work for MGO?
MGO’s professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference – not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members.
That’s why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you’re not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.
Want to learn more? Complete an application and so our team can reach out to you directly!