Do your friends come to you for financial advice? Are you up-to-date on the latest tax requirements and laws? Become our next tax manager and help keep our company and clients compliant and our financial house in order. This position offers superior balance between your work life and your personal life, even during the chaotic tax season. We do everything we can to make sure you never feel stifled, bored or unstimulated while you're with us. See what it's like to work with a business management and accounting firm that cares just as much about maintaining client and employee relationships as it does creating them.
- Gather and organize all necessary company and client tax documentation on an ongoing basis in accordance with the latest federal and state requirements.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest tax and accounting laws, regulations, codes and theories to ensure that the company remains fully compliant.
- Ensure records and computer system remain up-to-date, well-organized and protected through weekly checks.
- Review and complete yearly federal and state tax returns, helping to ensure the company and clients are ready for the next tax season through periodic monitoring of tax-related activities.
- Offer tax and related financial advice and communicate recommendations at scheduled meetings.
- Answer tax questions as they come up to help educate clients and company personnel (you can expect most of your inquiries during tax season).
- Provide tax planning, tax saving and tax preparation services and strategies as needed or when the opportunity becomes available.
- Handle administrative and clerical duties on a daily basis to satisfy clients and keep company current on tax responsibilities and deadlines.
- Manage and review U.S. federal compliance relative to controlled foreign corporations and controlled foreign partnerships.
- Manage income tax compliance of CFC’s in local jurisdictions.
- Coordinate federal and local country examination issues, including research and formulation of IDR responses and appeals.
- Coordinate with outside service providers to ensure accurate reporting with respect to our foreign compliance, expatriates, and VAT taxes
- Assist with the Company’s transfer pricing policies and implementation of updates
- Assist international accounting team with foreign financial reporting (local stat audited financials)
- Monitor international tax developments that may impact the company.
- Become subject matter expert on tax issues in non-U.S. jurisdictions
- Assist reporting team with review of quarterly and annual ASC 740 provisions for international portion of business including FIN 48 considerations.
- Assist planning team with international planning ideas, including research, and formulation of recommendations for management.
- Assist with computation of return to provision adjustments.
- Direct special projects, including, but not limited to participation in the further automation of the compliance processes and use of new technologies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to meet goals individually and in a teammate environment.
- Proven ability to motivate others in order to achieve tasks and goals. Strong ability to develop and train teammates is required.
- Demonstrated aptitude for management and coordination of multiple simultaneous tasks
- Demonstrated aptitude to effectively handle teammate interpersonal situations.
- Ability to identify and define problems, gather and review data, assess the alternatives, interpret the results, manage the risk, and communicate findings.
- Ability to partner with senior business leaders and explain technical concepts to colleagues without a technical tax background.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas to achieve the overall DaVita Mission.
- Experienced reviewing large consolidated corporate tax returns.
- Experienced with international concepts & complexities.
- Experienced in One Source Income Tax software preferred.
- Aptitude for adapting to new technologies and process changes.
- An understanding of ASC 740 and GAAP Financial Reporting.
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in a public accounting or corporate setting.
- CPA and/or Master’s in Taxation preferred.
- Basic understanding of partnership taxation is beneficial.
- At least a bachelor's degree
- Current CPA certification
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail
- Business management work history
- Experience with corporate and partnership taxes and all related regulations and laws
- Background with building and maintaining client relationships