Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
How you'll make a difference?
Primarily, this position will be responsible for managing the federal and state tax compliance process and global tax provision. The successful candidate will participate in special projects, as well as lead efforts building and maintaining a high quality, efficient processes to support SOX compliance.
What will be your Duties and Responsibilities?
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Tax Provision Responsibilities:
- Prepare / Review consolidated income tax provision and related footnote disclosures for 10-Q’s and 10-K’s; coordinate review with external auditor
- Prepare / Review subsidiary quarterly and annual income tax provisions
- Prepare / Review various legal entity payable and deferred tax calculations / reconciliations
- Prepare / Review consolidated income tax provision and related footnote disclosures for 10-Q’s and 10-K’s
- Manage FIN 48 computational process, including updating tax positions and documenting new tax positions
- Review FAS 123R tax basis computation
- Prepare / Review quarterly and annual memos documenting tax provision positions
- Ensure tax processes are SOX compliant and support periodic SOX testing process
Tax Compliance Responsibilities:
- Review income tax return extensions and quarterly estimate payments
- Prepare and Review federal and state income tax returns and related workpapers, to ensure proper determination of liability, and timely and efficient reporting
- Support upcoming insourcing of the income tax process using Onesource Income Tax
- Participate in the Federal tax examination process, as needed
- Lead state income tax audits, as needed
- Prepare / Review return-to-provision calculations
- Monitor legislative changes in tax laws that may impact company’s business and tax positions
- Support indirect tax processes, including outsourced sales/use and property tax processes
- Lead and support continuous improvement efforts in all working papers
- Assist with the review, analysis, research and resolutions of tax issues
- Assist with special projects, including M&A projects and financial statement pronouncement adoptions.
What skills you'll need?
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA license
- Minimum 7 years income tax compliance / provision experience with the ability to work independently.
- Experience with Onesource Tax Provision and Onesource Income Tax
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong project management skills.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented, with demonstrated critical thinking ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to provide clear and concise information to individuals outside of the tax team
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with personnel across the company
- Ability to manage, manipulate and analyze financial data
What skills would be helpful?
- Masters Degree in Tax
- Experience in large public accounting firm
- Experience in a corporate tax department
- Experience with Oracle and HFM
- Experience with Tax Research tools such as BNA
- Knowledge of Vertex is a plus
What supervisory responsibilities will you have?
- Supervise Senior Tax Accountant(s) and coordinate efforts with various service providers
What will the work conditions and physical demands be like?
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 20 lbs.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
- Travel required from 0-10%, therefore must be able to utilize airplane, taxi and car.
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.