The Tax Manager is responsible for assisting with the day to day activities including but not limited to, the preparation of Federal and State tax returns, local government filings and other tax related functions as required. In addition, this position will be required to prepare local tax returns, business licenses, personal property tax returns, and annual reports.
Description of Responsibilities:
· Prepare or assist with the Federal and State income tax filings, primarily 1040, 1120S and 1065s
· Project taxable income, on an as needed basis, for the above-mentioned entities.
· Review business licenses, personal property tax returns, and annual reports for all entities.
· Assess State income tax requirement for entities
· Review tax depreciable asset roll-forward
· Other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
· A minimum of 5 years of tax experience required, with Federal tax compliance experience.
· Must be organized, concise, detailed, flexible, and efficient.
· Must possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work and communicate effectively.
· Must possess the ability to take initiative to resolve problems and offer solutions in a professional manner.
· Must be a team player and willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required. Experience with Profx is a plus.
· Responsiveness – Need to perform responsibilities with an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others; respond to solve problems; willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
· Integrity - Demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values; protect confidential information.
· Communication - Able to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions in order to open channels of communication; listen to understand perspective of others.