This position is responsible for tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes for Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc. (HTA) and its Foreign Subsidiary Companies. The individual will handle several domestic and international tax matters and work with Finance management, service providers and other tax professionals in carrying out his/her responsibilities. A successful candidate will strategically plan to minimize the organizations’ tax obligations, keep current on tax developments and ensure the accuracy of all tax filings by managing internal processes and procedures.
Key skills required are: sound business judgement, highly organized, detailed oriented, critical thinker, ability to work under tight deadlines, exceptional manager, and communicator. Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
Corporate Income Taxes – Domestic and Foreign
- Responsible for managing the relationship with third party providers, tax service engagements, and expense budget
- Develop tax strategies and planning to minimize corporate taxation
- Manage the annual tax compliance process including tax provision work, tax return preparation and annual true up analysis
- Oversee the preparation of tax work papers and take an active role in the tax calculation of UNICAP, BEAT, FDII, FTC, GILTI, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of FIN 48 annual documentation
- Lead tax discussions with tax preparers and support company financial/tax audits
- Manage status of nexus in the states where HTA files corporate income tax
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place for accounting for income taxes
- Participate on the HTA transfer pricing team to discuss and manage the HTA/HHT APA
- Oversee the preparation of subsidiaries annual transfer pricing documentation, seek consultation with providers whenever possible
- Prepare necessary work papers by working with finance team
Local Taxes – Sales/Use and Property
- Oversee the handling of sales/use tax, property tax, and other regulatory filings
- Provide guidance to subordinate to ensure compliance and proper handling of all tax filings
- Ensure that appropriate tools and resources are utilized efficiently
- Oversee/manage schedule and process
Tax Audit Handling
- Manage government audits by working with subordinate staff
- Negotiate audit findings
- Ensure successful audit results
- Exercise continuous self-study of taxation issues and related regulations to keep current with developments. Schedule meetings with General Manager to discuss issues and request any assistance or guidance necessary
- Plan department activity and related schedules and utilize effective tools to manage status and completion of routine work and projects.
- Supervise subordinate actively and effectively
- Maintain effective working relationship with all stakeholders across the organization to foster an environment of cooperation and change
- Utilize effective communication means (i.e. verbal and written) to keep divisional and corporate staff up to date on issues relating to Taxation
- Ability to understand complex business issues and collaborate well with business partners to find acceptable solutions
- Ability to understand business process (i.e. order to cash) and provide solutions to taxation issues experienced
- Ability to have a future vision of how to improve Taxation operation utilizing technology and industry best practices to drive savings
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Perform all tasks and deliver all results in a highly professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA or Master of Science or Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in Taxation preferred.
- Minimum: 5 years management experience in corporate taxation
- International tax experience required
- SAP System Knowledge and Vertex/SOVOS Tax Software preferred
- Advanced knowledge of technology and computer skills required, proficient in working with large data files
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills; ability to disseminate data and information professionally
- Strong leadership skills
EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Bonus Eligible Position