IDI's history of achievement and growth is indication that we provide the best environment for enthusiastic, driven individuals to be successful. IDI prides itself on a culture that values building meaningful connections with customers and coworkers as well as the opportunity for development and advancement. We are all bound by a commitment to a shared pursuit of goals and providing the highest quality service within our industry.
Tax and Regulatory Analyst Job Description
Insulation Distributors, Inc. is seeking a dependable Tax and Regulatory Analyst to join our IDI Corporate team. As a Tax and Regulatory Analyst at Insulation Distributors, you will be responsible for Sales and Use Tax, Compliance and Regulatory experience. We are ideally seeking someone who has experience in a mid-size organization and has the ability to adapt quickly to change. This person will also be responsible for but not limited to:
- Research state and local sales and use tax rates, rules, nexus, exemptions and related data for 48 states
- Maintain and update information in Avatax and Cert Capture, our sales tax system
- Receive, review and process customer exemption certificates
- Understand the relationship between customer exemption type, product taxability and state/local laws to apply the appropriate tax rules
- Register for sales tax licenses in new jurisdictions as needed
- Prepare Annual Reports for various states and jurisdictions
- Work with outside tax accountants in gathering information and preparing reports for the Income Tax Returns
- Reconcile assigned tax GL accounts at month-end and year-end
- Preparation of on-line annual property tax returns
- Other state and local licenses, registrations and permits as required
Tax and Regulatory Analyst Job Qualifications
As a Tax and Regulatory Analyst for Insulation Distributors, you must have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team andhave a professional, customer-focused attitude. You must also be able to work effectively with diverse groups of people and handle challenges with diplomacy and tact.
- Multi-state sales and use tax experience
- Experience with Avatax and Cert Capture preferred
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills. Must have the ability to create, modify, and maintain spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to be customer focused and responsive to questions/requests in a timely manner
- Ability to build positive relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors
- Detail-oriented and excellent follow-through skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5+ years general accounting experience, general accounting principles, knowledge of the general ledger and how it relates to other journals
Why IDI? Excellent pay and benefits. Dedicated staff. Service-oriented culture.
Since 1979 Insulation Distributors has been a leading national distributor to the insulation contractor market throughout the U.S. with locations nationwide. IDI is a family owned and operated American business that takes pride in offering the highest-quality products and services at the most cost-effective prices in the industry. This special relationship with our customers has allowed us to build a successful operation that is prepared to handle specific needs of contractors in the residential, commercial and industrial markets. Part of IDI's commitment to quality stems from our association with the leading fiber glass manufacturer in the world, Owens-Corning, which has been serving the insulation industry with scientific expertise, product research and development for more than 70 years.