Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you'll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Tax Reporting Advisory Senior Manager
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals in more than 50 offices around the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers acquisition tax services.
The Tax Reporting Advisory (TRA) Senior Manager works closely with clients and staff on all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. The TRA team provides a variety of services to our clients in the areas of tax outsourcing, tax and finance optimization, tax technology and implementation as well as IFRS conversion.
The TRA Sr. Manager is responsible for reviewing income and non-income based taxes, statutory income compliance and consulting, transactional taxes, transfer pricing documentation and evaluation, reviewing the tax flow and tax functioning of our client's operations, assisting in the evaluation and implementation of tax software and technology to increase efficiency as well as a variety of other job tasks depending on the engagement.
- Manage, direct, and monitor multiple client services teams on client engagements.
- Plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; manage to budget.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated or complex income tax returns including Corporate, S-Corp., partnership, and individual clients.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, partner with, and service client to make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a business adviser to client.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA, or JD/active law license required.
- Seven to 10 years of progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Experience in Corporate, Federal, S-Corp. and/or Partnership returns.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology.
- Ability to work additional hours and travel to various client sites as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
FOR LA PROPER ONLY: We will consider all qualified Applicants for employment; including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the city of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance.