Under general supervision, the Tax Research and Resolution Specialist is responsible for the resolution of jurisdiction correspondences, including preparing amended returns for our client base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Resolving tax jurisdiction correspondences.*
· Preparing and filing amended returns.*
· Resolve client questions expediently and with a high level of customer service.*
· Communicate with clients for issues regarding tax jurisdiction correspondences.*
· Maintain contact with taxing authorities.*
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of tax issues for federal and local taxing authorities.*
· On an as-needed basis, edit quarterly and annual tax packets.
· Other duties as assigned.
*Indicates essential job functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required..
· Four-year degree in accounting/finance or equivalent work experience in payroll, accounting or taxation. CPA preferred or firm experience helpful.
· 1 – 3 years experience preparing and filing payroll tax returns.
· Familiar with Federal, State and Local taxes.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong computer skills including an in-depth working knowledge of Excel including formulas and macros.
· Basic understanding of creating and maintaining PDF forms extremely helpful.
· Strong organizational and follow up skills.
· Willing and able to adapt to a changing work environment.
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed