BRIEF STATEMENT OF THE PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
The Tax Specialist supports the HCM Department in an effort to achieve organizational goals. This person works closely with the stakeholders to support the payroll service client base.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION ARE:
- Import client tax liability from payroll platforms
- File and pay client payroll taxes timely and accurately
- Prepare and file quarter and annual tax returns
- Setup and balance all "full service" tax clients
- Collect and file Power of Attorney forms as required by taxing authority
- Maintain client ID numbers, rates and deposit frequencies
- Research and respond to client tax notices
- Prepare and file amended tax returns
- Actively involved with testing software updates
- Answer all client questions in a timely manner
- Other projects as assigned by the Director, HCM Operations.