ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $69 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,200 employees as of June 30, 2018. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,216 MBOED for the six months ended June 30, 2018, and proved reserves were 5.0 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2017.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
The Tax Specialist is a member of an integrated technical team which partners with functions across the company and applies its tax expertise to comply with ConocoPhillips’ U.S. income tax and ASC 740 reporting requirements for the company’s operations.
Responsibilities may include:
- Fulfillment of U.S. income tax reporting requirements of ConocoPhillips operations. This may include preparation of IRS Forms 1120, 1065, 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118, and 926 income tax returns as well as various other reporting requirements.
- Research, interpretation, and application of U.S. income tax technical authority to company transactions
- Accumulation, analysis, and processing of financial accounting data to prepare tax returns, estimated tax payments, and produce tax forecasts.
- Collection and analysis of information used to comply with ASC 740 for various book to tax adjustments
- Assistance in preparing responses to IRS inquiries
- Development and improvement of compliance reporting processes
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 1+ years of experience in accounting
- Master’s degree in accounting or tax
- SAP and CorpTax experience
- Technical/functional expertise – background in U.S. domestic corporate, U.S. international corporate, or partnership taxation, and solid financial, analytical and computer skills
- Team building/communication – ability to effectively perform as part of an integrated team committed to common objectives; strong communication skills
- Personal motivation/initiative – perseverance, accountability, strong work ethic, and ability to stay focused and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify and articulate issues encountered in the course of one’s work, and to collaborate with the team in reaching an effective resolution
- Adaptability to unexpected or changing conditions and willingness to assist others when faced with these challenges
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments
- Listens actively and invites dialogue to gain a shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve business results
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 13, 2019.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.