LBMC is a great place to work and we have the awards and people to prove it! As one of the fastest growing companies since our inception over 30 years ago, we know that people are the key to how to maintain our success. Our people, culture, benefit options, growth opportunities, and not to mention that we are located in some pretty amazing cities in Tennessee, all come together to make us a TOP Work Place!
LBMC, PC is seeking a Staff Accountant in our Tax Services department to join our growing team of professionals in our Nashville Office.
The Tax Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing complex business and individual returns, tax planning engagements, tax research projects and other tax consulting projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES | RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applying the knowledge obtained through previous work experience as a Tax Staff Accountant, completes work assignments given, including preparing individual and business tax returns, research projects, and consulting projects.
- From personal knowledge or by research, readily prepare tax returns and resolve most tax questions.
- Able to make decisions on ordinary tax return matters.
- Set appointments with clients, interview clients, assemble information and prepare or arrange for the preparation of federal, state and local returns.
- Maintains control on time and charges. Recommends billing to supervisor, manager, or partner-in-charge for tax clients.
- Reviews and manages less difficult business and individual returns, tax planning engagements, tax research projects and other tax consulting projects.
- Adheres to the contents of the firm's processes and procedures including knowledge of the firm's policy on privacy and the CPA-client confidentiality privilege under Internal Revenue Code section 7525. Knows and follows the rules, regulations, and the Code of Professional Conduct of the AICPA (including the Statements on Standards for Tax Services), Treasury Department Circular 230, the Tennessee Society of CPAs, and the Tennessee Board of Public Accountancy.
- Continues to develop technical skills in accounting taxation and consulting as work experience increases and applies those skills to work performed for clients
- Obtains an annual utilization budget of 1,800 chargeable hours.
- Bachelor's degree plus completion of additional course hours necessary to be qualified to sit for the CPA exam or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years previous experience as a Staff Accountant in Tax at a public accounting firm is preferred.