DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation. With more than 2,000 professionals in 30+ offices located in 13 states, we combine extensive tax, assurance and advisory experience with a focus on relationships and personal service to help our clients achieve their goals. People, careers and flexibility are at the heart of DHG’s culture making it a great place to build a valuable career.
At DHG, this role will lead in the identification of and the delivery of complex tax projects, including tax compliance, SUT process review and automation, tax audit defense, and tax research related to the application of state and local tax laws.
- Contribute to the development and growth of a consultative sales tax practice
- Develop strong relationships with clients as their trusted advisors for indirect tax issues
- Lead, motivate and mentor a team of professionals
- Manage large complex projects to meet deadlines within budget
- Identify refund opportunities
- Assist with and address various sales tax issues across multiple lines of business and geographies
- Monitor business and law changes for potential impacts on clients
- Oversee and effectively resolve sales and use tax audits
- Prepare and/or oversee outsourced sales and use tax compliance function engagements
- Evaluate the effectiveness of clients' business processes related to sales and use tax functions
- Assist with other projects, tasks, and research (including tax department projects outside of the area of sales and use tax) as required
- Provide analytical and problem resolution skills to manage and reconcile large volume of transactional data for internal and external reporting
- Make reasonable taxability decisions and determinations based on research, industry trends and changing tax laws that may impact customers, vendors and tax jurisdictions
- Lead the technology automation (transformation) of the sales & use tax area by using data warehouse, data analytics, and bots. This would include working closely with DHG data scientists to explore efficiency solutions for current and future projects (including advising clients on these).
- Lead and implement indirect tax technology solutions for clients including the areas of sales tax, income & franchise, and property tax.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related field required; Advanced degree in business, tax or law strongly preferred
- 7 - 15 years of public accounting or state DOR tax experience, or equivalent industry experience required
- CPA, eligible to sit for CPA examination, or equivalent professional designation such as CMI preferred
- Proven leadership and project management skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with team members and clients required
- Sales tax technology skills (Vertex, Sabrix, Avalara or similar) required