- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Itinerant Teacher Location
Job Code: Tchr Preschool - 060096 Standard Hours: 40 Department: Pre-K Programs Office - 211207 Empl Class: PKF Minimum Salary: $46,646.00/Annually
Maximum Salary: $99,500.00/Annually
Scheduled Days: 190
Target Openings: 1
Education Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in applicable field of education from a Professional Standards Commission (PSC) approved college or university required.
Experience Qualifications: Previous teaching experience preferred. Preschool teaching experience preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) due process requirements; thorough knowledge and skills in preschool curriculum and instructional practices; ability to differentiate between learning and instruction; ability to communicate effectively with colleagues; ability to understand the teaching/learning process; knowledge of Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs); ability to project and generate positive attitudes; ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office, and school based staff, students, parents, and community; excellent oral and written communication skills; and effective human relations skills.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for planning and providing developmentally appropriate instruction to preschool children with special needs.
1. Provide instruction for preschool students served in community based settings.
2. Participate in the decision-making processes concerning students eligible for preschool special education services.
3. Review and complete all due process documentation for students.
4. Ensure compliance with Babies Can't Wait timelines.
5. Evaluate and assess students to monitor IEP goals and objectives progress.
a. Complete Work Sampling Assessments.
6. Oversee and complete Department of Education (DOE) entry and exit data.
7. Communicate effectively with the families of students served in the preschool special education program.
8. Collect and interpret data for preschool children with special needs.
9. Communicate to various internal and external audiences concerning program research and information.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, and/or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to travel to various locations in performance of assigned duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.